Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wonderful Word Wednesday: Osculate




It's Wonderful Word Wednesday! Here is yet another word Brian uses in the books. This kid has a huge vocabulary. XD

osculate
verb (used without object), osculated, osculating.
1.) to come into close contact or union.
2.) Geometry. (of a curve) to touch another curve or another part of the same curve so as to have the same tangent and curvature at the point of contact.
verb (used with object), osculated, osculating.
3.) to bring into close contact or union.
4.) Geometry. (of a curve) to touch (another curve or another part of the same curve) in osculation.
5.) to kiss.

Example Sentence: "Were you two osculating behind there?" Brian said.

What Brian would look like in real life except he has gray hair.

Have you seen or used this word before? What do you think of it?

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment