Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wonderful Word Wednesday: Eternize




It's Wonderful Word Wednesday again! Do you as a writer ever struggle finding that perfect word to describe something or you want to shake your writing up with some new words? Each Wednesday I post hand-picked descriptive words for writers and other vocabulary nerds out there. ;) 

eternize
verb (used with object), eternized, eternizing.
1.) to make eternal; perpetuate.
2.) to immortalize.

Example Sentence: If Mor could not survive this battle then she would settle with her memory being eternized in tales--like Granny was.

Mor (Red Hood)
Have you seen or used this word before? What do you think of it?

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)




8 comments:

  1. Great word, and one I hadn't heard of until now. :) (Also love that picture of Mor.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cool isn't it? I definitely want to include it somewhere if not just my own vocabulary lol. I'm glad you like it and the picture. ^ ^ Do you have a favorite word? Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is! Yes, expanding one's vocabulary (particularly in writing) is fun. :) Hmm...favorite word? I have several! Among them are paradox, paraphernalia, puttering, susurrate, and the ever-wonderful supercalafragilisticexpialadocious. ;) (There's a lot of P words in there. Odd.) How about yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee. I see you like P words lol. I like cacophonous and discombobulated a lot. ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know there are others I like that don't start with P...I guess once I got going, they wanted to follow a pattern. XD Ooh! Those two are great! I especially love discombobulated. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't ever heard this word BUT I LIKE IT. I'm addicted to big and weird words...omg, I love them so much. But seriously my vocabularly is like "ZOMG LOL I CANNOT EVEN" or "you look pulchritudinous". There is no in between. XD

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. XD Alliteration! Yes I love that word, I feel that word lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol. I'm so glad you like it! Pulchritudinous is a good word! You're welcome! Thank you for stopping by Stori Tori's Blog!

    ReplyDelete