Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tea Tuesday: Cinnamon Plum




I'm not really a coffee person. I prefer tea, and I know a lot of fellow writers love tea, too. But have you ever wanted to break out of the Early Grey or English Breakfast norm and try something new? Well, let me help you find some cool new teas! If you need a little hot and flavorful boost to help you reach your writing goal or you're just a lover of tea or you'd like to try some tea but aren't fond of the stereotypical types, these Tea Tuesday posts are for you.

This weeks tea is ... 

*drum roll*

Cinnamon Plum





How I found it: During my trip down to Florida in May/June, my best friend and I visited Mount Dora. While there we visited the shop called the Tea and Spice Exchange. It's an entire shop full of spices and tea. For a tea and cooking buff, I was in heaven. After much deliberation, sniffing like twenty teas, and many conflicted feelings, I decided on two teas to purchase from that awesome place: Emperor's Chai and Cinnamon Plum. I will probably be back with more teas from this shop in the future. 

The Tea: This tea is definitely very plummy! It steeps a deep pink which is fun and unusual to see in teas. Herbal teas have all of that fun stuff. The predominant flavor is the natural plum flavoring and cinnamon with the tartness of currants, the spiciness of licorice root, and sweetness of hibiscus flowers. It reminded me a bit of Tazo's Passion, but I actually liked this tea since it didn't do the freaky thing where no matter how much milk or sugar you put it in the flavor doesn't change. 


Well plums make me think of the Sugar Plum Fairy
and this is from Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy from Fantasia.
Serving Recommendations: I steeped this for five minutes and added sugar to cut the tartness.

How much is it and where can you get it? You can purchase this tea either on the Tea and Spice Exchange website or in its many locations across the USA for $5.89 USD for a 1 oz. bag. This is a bit pricey, but you can get at least ten cups per bag and this is high quality, organic tea.

So how good is it? This is a good tea, but due to it's resemblance to Passion by Tazo, I didn't love it. People who like that tea will certainly like this one. The flavor is certainly unique though and I love plums. 3.5 stars!


Have you tried this tea? What did you think of it? Have you had any Tea and Spice Exchange Teas?

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)

7 comments:

  1. Nice! It sounds pretty tasty. I'm actually having a cup of fruity herbal tea right now, Berry Poppins from DavidsTea. It has apple, hibiscus, blackberry leaves, and rosehips... But for some reason, it reminds me of blueberry jam. *lol* Not that I'm complaining, though, because it's pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo that sounds yummy! I have a berry tea coming up soon for TT! Are berry teas your favorite? Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really picky about berry teas. If they're too fruity or thick, they remind me of syrup. :/


    I drink just about any kind of tea, but like oolongs and most anything with jasmine the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see. That's a downside.

    Cool. ^ ^ Jasmine and oolongs are so yummy! I have those four oolongs coming up next month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhh, yummyyyyyyy. Looking forward to them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I've tried the first two already. The package came in two days ago. XD I just can't wait. Once I smell them I must try asap. Do you feel the same way with teas?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not! But I looked it up after you mentioned it and it's a possibility for Tea Tuesday. I love rooibos teas. ^ ^ Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete