Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tea Tuesday: Barrels of Tea




I'm not really a coffee person. I prefer tea, and I know a lot of fellow writers love tea, too. But have you ever wanted to break out of the Early Grey or English Breakfast norm and try something new? Well, let me help you find some cool new teas! If you need a little hot and flavorful boost to help you reach your writing goal or you're just a lover of tea or you'd like to try some tea but aren't fond of the stereotypical types, these Tea Tuesday posts are for you.

This weeks tea is ... 

*drum roll*

Barrels of Tea


How I found it: I found this tea on the Adagio tea website while browsing through their many fandom blends. This is same tea company I got the Avatar: The Last Airbender set which includes AangKatara and several more fandom blends and BBC Sherlock teas which includes Sherlock Holmes (of course ;) ) and John Watson and several more blends. I thought I wouldn't get this tea in time because somehow it went to Miami, Florida. I live in Atlanta. Go figure. But it is here the Tales and Tea Leaves set! It is a set based on Tolkien's Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit books. The tagline for the set is "For those who wander." Enjoy Tolkien fans!

The Tea: This tea reminds me of apple cider I make around Christmas yet more fresh. It has a strong apple flavor from the Spiced Apple Chai and apple tea with a sweet taste from the Irish Breakfast Vanilla. It's a calming flavor that tastes like a treat. I could see this as a tea the dwarves had at Bag End when they had an unexpected party and it reminds me of the cider that could be in the Elves's cellar. All in all it definitely tastes Middle Earth. 


Serving Recommendations: I steeped this tea for three minutes and added just sugar though cinnamon may be good in it. 

How much is it and where can you get it? You can find this tea at the Adagio website. I bought this tea in a sample set which was about $22 including shipping and you get a goodly amount of tea since you only need about a teaspoon per cup.

So how good is it? I really enjoyed this tea. It's very unique from other teas I've had and I'll definitely drink this often. Five stars!


Have you tried this tea? What did you think of it? Have you seen or read the Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit? Who's your favorite character?


Bonus! If you are a first-time Adagio customer I can send you a $5 giftcard! Ask in the comments for details! (This is no joke and no catch I seriously can. It's part of the amazingness of Adagio Teas)

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment