Saturday, July 19, 2014

Liebster Award 2014


I've been nominated for a Liebster award! I was nominated for this last year, but now I have been again. :) A year is a while so I figure I have new stuff to add now.


I was nominated by Ciera Horton @ the Write Things and The Teenage Nerd @ Nerdy Writing. My thanks to both of them and don't forget to check out their blogs. :) Now lets get to the questions! I'm going to use a mix of the ones I've gotten since I have two sets.

11 Things About Me:


1.) I live in the South, but I don't have a Southern accent. I can fake it though.

2.) I take Lama-style Kung Fu for four reasons: exercise, book research, self-defense, and it makes me feel freaking epic.

Unfortunately I'm not this epic ... yet. ;)

3.) I'm 5' 8" so I'm really tall for a girl.

4.) I've met a lot of actors from movies and animes including two minor actors from the Hunger Games, Graham McTavish who plays Dwalin in the Hobbit, Daniel Logan who plays Young Boba Fett in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Dante Basco who plays Rufio in Hook and Zuko in Avatar: the Last Airbender, Bryce Papenbrook who plays Erin Jaegar in Attack on Titan dubbed and several more.

5.) I've been playing the piano since I was six, and I've been in a lot of competitions during that time. Some of the pieces I've self taught myself are "Dirty Paws" by Of Monsters and Men, "Rue's Farewell" from the Hunger Games and "Concerning Hobbits" from the Lord of the Rings.

6.) I went to France for a mission trip for eight days. I got to go to Paris, a castle, and the countryside. It was an amazing experience.

7.) I prefer riding fourwheelers over cars (even though I named my car Tony because it's cherry red ;) ).

8.) I've been told by many people I look almost exactly like Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss from the Hunger Games).

9.) I love to cook. Some of my favorite dishes are Ratatouille (yes, from the movie), Sundried Tomato and Pecan Soup, and Fajitas. I love good food. ^ ^



10.) I like to watch anime.It's different than American television culturally, artistically. and story-wise. Some of my favorites are Attack on Titan, Guilty Crown, Sword Art Online, and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

11.) I really like to cosplay which is dressing up as characters from different books, shows, movies, etc. to events. Two I've done are Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender and a Mirkwoord Elf from The Hobbit.


11 Questions from Ciera and The Teenage Nerd:


1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? New Zealand. I'm dying to go to Hobbiton and Narnia. ;)

2.) Do you prefer British or American spellings? It depends. I like grey better than gray.

3. If you could relive any day from the past year, what would it be and why? Probably a day from the Florida Christian Writers conference though it's hard to choose which one. XD I've met most of my closest friends there, and it's one of the few times of the year I can see them.

4. What famous movie or book character do you identify with? Katara from Avatar: the Last Airbender. It's one of my favorite shows. She and I have a similar personality. I love the fact that she's gentle yet strong. She's feminine but a powerful warrior. We have the same determination, protectiveness, and empathy. She's been an inspiration to me since I first saw the show many years ago. I love her so much I've cosplayed as her.


5. When did you first decide to write a novel? I was eleven, and I decided that I wanted to write a story that had everything I liked in it.

6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Telekinesis. I want the force. It's a joke with my friends that I reach out for something that's just out of my reach and they hand it to me like I have telekinesis. XD

7. If you had only one day left to live, what would you do? Oh gosh. Um ... Probably drive down and spend it with one of my best friends. When I die, I want to be with one of my best friends.

8. What's a secret talent you have that most people don't know about? I'm really good at impressions and accents. I can sound like Yoshi and Princess Peach from Super Mario and Blue from Blue's Clues. I can do Scottish, Australian, Indian, Irish, Southern, Jewish, Londoner British, Windsor British, German, Russian, and French accents. My British accent has impressed actual British people. XD

9. Are you a morning or night person? Night. *hoot hoot* Mornings are evil.



10. Why did you start blogging? I joined Go Teen Writers and I saw a lot of other people so I thought I'd give it a shot for helping to build my author platform. It took me a while to get into it, but now I really enjoy it.

11. What's something you hope to accomplish or work towards this year? I'm working on finishing at least two drafts this year then either writing another draft or editing. I'm working getting an agent, but we'll just have to see when that happens. XD


And I nominate *drum roll*:

1.) Allison @ Allison's Bookish Life

2.) Alyssa Faith @ Literary and Lace

3.) Bailey @ So She Says

4.) Cassia Taylor @ Dimensions of My Universe

5.) Casey Lynn Covel @ Meek Geek

6.) Elizabeth @ Exhortations by Elizabeth

7.) Elsie Lansberry @ Keep Calm and Beetoven On

8.) Olivia & Caroline @ Two Friends Two Pens

9.) Sienna North @ Of Faerie and Faith


Questions for My Nominees: 

1.) If you could have one day with any superhero, who would it be?

2.) If you could have any object from any book, movie or show what would it be?

3.) Why did you start blogging?

4.) What genre do write in?

5.) Do you have any pets?

6.) Light saber or sonic screwdriver?

7.) What's your favorite Disney movie and why?

8.) What's your favorite kind of music?

9.) Do you have any other artistic talent besides writing?

10.) What place in your books would you like to travel to?

11.) Which character of yours would you go on a date with?


Thank you again for the nomination! And lastly the winner for the Adagio Teas giveaway. *drum roll*

Cassidy Clayton

Congratulations! I'll send you an email soon!

Have you done the Liebster award? Post the link to it below! What are some of your answers to these questions?

You may also like:
Liebster Award!
Summer Summary!
Fall Update 2013!
MomoCon and Fans!
Tea Tuesday: Katara

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)



2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination, Tori! Since I don't usually post these on my blog, I'll answer your questions here :)

    1.) If you could have one day with any superhero, who would it be?
    Batman. Always Batman.

    2.) If you could have any object from any book, movie or show what would it be?
    Hermione's beaded purse, I think. It would be so useful to pack so much into such a small place!

    3.) Why did you start blogging?
    I started blogging because I wanted to share my thoughts about Christian fantasy, and my younger sister inspired me with her lovely fashion blog.

    4.) What genre do write in?
    Contemporary fiction, fantasy, Christian fiction, poetry... All sorts, really.

    5.) Do you have any pets?
    Nope. Some family members are allergic.

    6.) Light saber or sonic screwdriver?
    Sonic screwdriver. From what I know of Doctor Who, it would be much more useful, except around wooden things.

    7.) What's your favorite Disney movie and why?
    Ooh, tough question! *thinks* *thinks harder* I've always loved Mulan, Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast from the old classics, although Tangled is a new favorite of mine. If I had to choose, I'd probably say Lion King. It's such a grand and epic story with beautiful artwork and lovely music.

    8.) What's your favorite kind of music?
    Honestly, pop. Something fun and upbeat and modern. I also like some indie folk music, too, that's soothing and mellow.

    9.) Do you have any other artistic talent besides writing?
    I love painting and sketching, and I also have a photography business. I can do graphic design decently as well, although I'm still developing that one.

    10.) What place in your books would you like to travel to?
    Hmm... the story I'm writing now is set in Ireland, so that would be a lovely travel destination. I'm also writing a story set in NYC, which would be exciting for a trip!

    11.) Which character of yours would you go on a date with?
    I don't know why, but it feels a bit weird to think about dating one of my own characters...almost like dating a part of me, I guess? But if I had to choose, I guess I'd say the love interest in the contemporary fiction story I'm working on now. Even though he has some attitude problems, he improves as the story goes on. Plus, he's quite rich! :)

    Thanks again for the award! I enjoyed answering the questions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. Cool answers! You're welcome. :) It's a blog hop so I found yours and thought I'd pass it on. :)

      Delete