Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tea Tuesday: Mycroft Holmes




I'm not really a coffee person. I prefer tea, and I know a lot of fellow writers love tea, too. But have you ever wanted to break out of the Early Grey or English Breakfast norm and try something new? Well, let me help you find some cool new teas! If you need a little hot and flavorful boost to help you reach your writing goal or you're just a lover of tea or you'd like to try some tea but aren't fond of the stereotypical types, these Tea Tuesday posts are for you.

This weeks tea is ... 

*drum roll*

Mycroft Holmes


How I found it: I found this tea on the Adagio tea website while browsing through their many fandom blends. This is same tea company I got the AangKataraZukoToph,Iroh and Cactus Juice blends.They have so many spectacular teas! I stumbled upon BBC Sherlock teas, and I had to get them! The set also includes: Sherlock Holmes (of course ;) ), John Watson, Molly Hooper, Greg Lestrade and Mrs. Hudson.

The Tea: This tea totally reflects on Mycroft's personality as it mimics the taste of cake or cookies. It also tastes snarky and snooty like him. It's very fragrant with cloves, spices, and vanilla from the rooibos vanilla chai, a chocolaty sweet taste from the chocolate chip and smooth from the cream. I can definitely see Mycroft drinking this. It reminds me a bit of something you'd have around Christmas like Wassail. It's a unique flavor unlike any other tea I've had.


Serving Recommendations: Be careful not to let this tea steep too long since it can turn bitter. Three minutes is perfect. I had mine with sugar and cream to complete the cake-like flavor.

How much is it and where can you get it? You can find this tea at the Adagio website. I bought this tea in a sample set which was about $22 including shipping and you get a goodly amount of tea since you only need about a teaspoon per cup.

So how good is it? This is my favorite of the set. I've had it twice already. Five stars!


Have you tried this tea? What did you think of it? Have you seen Sherlock? Who's your favorite character?

Bonus! If you are a first-time Adagio customer I can send you a $5 giftcard! Ask in the comments for details! (This is no joke and no catch I seriously can. It's part of the amazingness of Adagio Teas)

Vote for the next fandom set to be reviewed! The poll can be find on the left side of this webpage below Popular Posts! And since my blog has reached over 20,000 views *throws confetti* I will be hosting an Adagio tea gift card giveaway this Saturday! Don't miss it!

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment