Saturday, July 14, 2012

Plushies, Contests, France and Titles!




Hey, all! I got a few things to share with ya'll!

Number 1: I'd like to introduce my Book mascot, Rouyn-Plushie.

He is a chibi plushie of my main character, Rouyn, from my fantasy series, Starbloods. For those of you who don't know, chibis are a certain style of Japanese drawing that is meant to look very cute and they bend the rules of reality to do that. My friend made this plushie for me last Christmas and he is going to be popping up on occasion in pictures. :) I call him Rouyn-Plushie since the character he was made after doesn't like to be pictured as this little guy all the time. ;)

Number 2: To all of you that have been following my blog since last week, the title change for Subsapien formally Chronicles of the Persecuted is recent. I believe that it fits the series better since the title is taken from the Latin word for "under" which is "sub" and the from the Latin name for human which is "homo sapien" so Subsapien meaning "under human." So you're not crazy if you were thinking, "I could have sworn that was different! What the heck?!" ;)

Number 3: I have entered into a writing contest! It's a back cover copy contest aka the words you read on the back of a book at Barnes & Noble. I'll be posting the back cover copy in my book description bar on the left. Update: It's not there anymore I changed it. So I'm really excited about that. :) *crosses fingers* The site hosts a web conference, so if you're a writer, it's pretty cool to check out plus it's free. :D Who doesn't love free stuff?  http://nextgenwriters.com/

Number 4: In September, I'm going to Senlis, France for a mission trip!


This is going to be my first time ever traveling out of the country and I'm really excited to see what God has in store for me. :) Plus I'm hoping to get some book inspiration since the town has a real castle! :D

That's what I got right now. Stay tuned for the upcoming character interview with Caleb Heagen, a sample chapter from Subsapien (Update: which I ended up taking down due to revisions) and more! Thank you for reading. ^ ^

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


3 comments:

  1. That's a cute plushie! :D But aren't most plushies chibi anyways?
    The title change is real cool. Can't wait to see what else you'll post on here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. ^ ^ Lol, yeah I guess they are. Good point. ;)

      Delete