Saturday, May 5, 2018

Monthly Summary: April 2018





April was a much better month for me. Mental health junk still cropped up, but I loved being able to spend time with good friends. ^ ^


What I did:

1.) I managed to win Camp NaNo with only a 5K goal. I had trouble with this book, but I have some good ideas for plot revisions which I want to work on next month. 


2.) I had an awesome birthday weekend with two of my closest friends. We ate amazing food, went to the zoo, did an escape room, and more!



Yes, my ice cream was on fire. Yes, it was fantastic.
I also went out with an old friend to the Ponce City Market and we had fun eating ramen and looking at cool street art!






Then I also went a Planned Parenthood protest. I had no idea one of these facilities was so close to me, but I'm very strongly pro-life and I'm happy I had a chance to attend this event. Since I work on weekends most, I can't attend many of these things. It was great to share my story (My birth mom was pregnant with me at sixteen and then I was adopted.) and have some great conversations with other pro-life people (There was a young lady that abortion doctors said she should be aborted because she may have a disability, but she's perfectly healthy and thriving. There was also a story about rape baby who is autistic, but she's a joy in so many people's lives). I believe every woman has the right to live even the unborn women. 



Lastly, I attended the Taste of Marietta event, primarily to make an audition video for a vlogging job, but it was also super fun to try so many different foods including Hawaiian ice and Thai tacos!


3.) I finished Ender's Game and the Assassin's Blade!


4.) I finally finished this really big drawing I did of my assassin Skua from Red Hood! I'm pretty proud of it. ^ ^ The piece is called "All in a Night's Work."



And I also did one of Claes from Silver Hood!



5.) I actually didn't write anything for other blogs this month. XD

The Geeky Department:


1.) I saw A Quiet Place three times because I freaking loved it! I'm not a horror movie fan and this was actually the first horror film I've seen in the theaters, but this film was just amazing. The writing, acting, soundtrack, plot, just all of it was fantastic!




2.) I saw Ready Player One! I really enjoyed this film as well. So many video game and obscure pop culture references. XD



3.) I also saw Infinity War! Oh, my feels hurt so baaaaaaaaaad. XD


4.) I've got some significant progress on my cosplays for MegaCon! My Lady Bishamon wig, cosplay, contacts, and plushie for Kuruha came in. ^ ^ I just have to do a few mods and it'll be ready!




I also got my cape and ponytail extension in for my Scouts Ymir!


What I'm Going to Do:

1.) I'm hoping to get more progress with Silhouette since it was just not happening for me for the majority of April. XD


2.) Next month is MegaCon! Squee! I'm so excited to cosplay with friends and get to FREAKING MEET ELIJAH WOOD! AHHHHHHHHH!




3.) I want to finish Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling. 



4.) I'm not sure what I'm going to be drawing next month. We'll see. XD


5.) I have a piece about the short film "Being Pretty" going up on Geekdom House!


Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

So Your Character is From Poland ... Featuring Ola @ Ola Reads BooksRevisiting Old Journals Tag
Creating Classifications for Your Stories
So Your Character is From the Czech Republic ... Featuring Marky @ Books Are My Life ..., Karolína Melounová, & Anna Alatriel
Now I'm 25 ...
The Significance of Nudity in Stories
So Your Character is From Russia ... Featuring Sofia Marie @ Teens Live for Jesus
Beautiful People: Favorites Edition Writing Lessons from Movies: Summer Wars
So Your Character is From Hungary ... Featuring Dorka @ Berries & Books
A Book Review of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Why the Editor Isn't the Bad Guy
Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


May 8 - So Your Character is From Grenada ... - Maxine @ The Rogue Storyteller is coming to the blog to talk all about her beautiful island home!

May 11 - A Book Review of Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo - Loved this book! Can't wait to share my thoughts with you guys!

May 12 - Writing Lessons from Movies: A Quiet Place - As I mentioned earlier, I love this movie so much so I have to write a post all about it. XD


May 15 - So Your Character is From Haiti ... - Dawlyn @ Little Blind Book Finds will be joining us to talk all about Haiti!

May 18 - A Book Review of White by Ted Dekker - I'll be sharing my thoughts about the third book in the Circle series!

May 19 - So Your Character is From Hawaii - Debut author Taylor Bennett will be coming on the blog to talk about living in Hawaii!

May 22 - So Your Character is From Brazil ... - Natalia @ Naty's Book Shelf and Thai @ RB Repeat will be joining us to talk all about this South American country!


May 25 - A Book Review of Green by Ted Dekker - I'll be sharing my thoughts on the final book of the Circle series!

May 26 - 10 Realities About Being an Artist - This is a kinda informative/relatability post about life as an artist. XD


May 29 -  So Your Character is From Costa Rica - Hannah will be sharing with us about living on this Caribbean island!


April still had its stresses, but it was overall a good month! Can't wait for May!

How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?


No comments:

Post a Comment