Saturday, March 31, 2018

Monthly Summary: March 2018




March was a bit of a rough month. I felt like something negative happened every week, but I still enjoyed the plethora of spring flowers, especially cherry blossoms. I love cherry blossoms. ^ ^


What I did:


1.) I finished editing Red Hood for my betas and celebrated with sushi and Sweet Hut!


2.) Most of this month was preparing for company coming over next month (saving up and making reservations) and working. I got to go to Tennesee for work so that was kinda fun and I also enjoyed a lot of walks and looking at the spring flowers.





3.) I finished Green by Ted Dekker and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling! Reviews up! soon!


4.) I mostly focused on drawing Skua from Red Hood this month. I drew a shoulder-up of him and I'm working on a bigger piece which is taking me a long time. XD


5.) I reviewed A Wrinkle in Time (2018) on Geeks Under Grace and wrote about Supernatural and Fullmetal Alchemist on Geekdom House!


The Geeky Department:


1.) I saw A Wrinkle in Time and I was really disappointed. My full thoughts in my review mentioned above, but it just did not capture the story. Disney's 2003 version was so much better!


2.) I played through Space Quest. I tried to beat these games a long time ago, but they glitched out to the point I couldn't ever complete them, but now I've found non-glitchy versions! They're basically a parody of Star Trek and other famous sci-fi including Doctor Who and Castle in the Sky. It's great. There are so many inside jokes. XD



Yes, the main character is a janitor.

3.) I also played through Conquest of the Longbow and Conquest of Camelot, two games that were really ahead of their time.



4.) I've got only 101 episodes of Naruto Shippuden to go! Home stretch. XD

5.) I've ordered my Lady Bishamonten cosplay along with a wig and purple contacts. So excited for them to get here!



What I'm Going to Do:

1.) I was hoping to do April CampNaNo next month, but if I do I'm entering late. I'm going to be working on Silhouette. I tried to get more progress on it finished this month, but I just couldn't.


2.) Next month two of my closest friends are coming to visit for a few days and celebrate my 25th birthday with me! Best birthday gift ever!

We're going to a cat cafe! So excited!
3.) I'm hoping to finish Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas and Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card then I'm also hoping to read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling or Queen of Shadows by Sara J. Maas, whichever one I can get a hold of at my library.


4.) I'm going to finish that big Skua piece then I'm not sure what I'm doing next. I'll go through my list of drawings I want to do. XD

5.) I have a piece going up next month about James Armbsby's "Being Pretty"!



Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

A Book Review of King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard
So Your Character is From South Africa ... Featuring Amy @ A Magical World of Words & Robin Kelly van Rensburg
The Bibliophile Sweater Tag
When Your Heroes Could Become Villains
So Your Character is From Nigeria ... Featuring Prince Kay @ Listepedia
A Book Review of Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo Not-As-Much-of-a-Jerk-as-You-Could-Have-Been Award Characters 101
So Your Character is From Morocco ... Featuring Imane @ Booksaccino
A Book Review of Red by Ted Dekker
Writing Lessons from Video Games: Conquest of the Longbow
So Your Character is From Kenya ... Featuring Pooja @ Lifes Fine Whine
Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


April 3 -  So Your Character is From Poland ... Featuring Ola @ Ola Reads Books - I recently found out I'm a quarter Polish, so I'm so happy Ola could come to the blog to share about her country!




April 6 - The Revisiting Old Journals Tag - Melissa Gravitis tagged me about this and I find it appropriate that this nostalgic post will be going up on my b-day!


April 7 - Creating Classifications for Your Story - Aptitudes. Districts. Wizard houses. Races. These are all type of classifications in different popular stories. I'm going to talk about creating them and how they can help foster following for your story.


April 10 - So Your Character is From the Czech Republic ... - Three ladies are going to be featured on the blog to talk all about their country!


April 13 - Now I'm 25 ... - A nostalgic post about me turning 25.


April 14 - The Significance of Nudity - No, this isn't going to be a lewd post, but I think there are many powerful themes that nudity can tastefully highlight such as rebirth and vulnerability and I'm going to talk all about them in this post.


April 17 - So Your Character is From Russia ... - Sofia will be joining us to talk all about living in Russia!


April 20 - A Book Review of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling - I almost forgot to review this. Shame on me because it's such a good book!


April 21 - Writing Lessons from Anime: Summer Wars - I love this film and I'm excited to share with you the lessons you can learn from it!



April 24  - So Your Character is From Hungary ... - Dorka will be joining us to talk about all things Hungary!

April 27 - A Book Review of Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo - Loved this book and can't wait to share my thoughts about it with you guys!



April 28 - Why the Editor Isn't the Bad Guy - I feel like editors are treated villainously in a lot of movies and TV shows such as in Super Girl and The Help. I'm going to talk about how they shouldn't be treated that way.


March wasn't the best month, but I'm really looking forward to April!

How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?


No comments:

Post a Comment