I've recently discovered that a member of the writer's group Go Teen Writers is hosting a blog link-up called Beautiful People. :) Questions to ask your character are posted on the fifth of each month and you link your blog to the host blog Paper Fury. Bryce hasn't come out of the woodwork in a while so he
is forced to volunteers to be the character for this post. He is the main character of my science-fiction novel Subsapien Biomech. On to the questions!
1) What is their full name and is there a story behind why they got it?
Bryce is his whole name. No last name. He named himself when he was seven years old after a kind lady told him that he could have a name instead of a number.
2) How old are they, and when were they born?
Bryce is seventeen and he was born in the 22nd century on January 17th.
3) Describe their physical appearance. (Bonus questions: 1. What is their race/nationality/ethnicity? 2. Do you have a picture of them? If so, include it!)
Bryce is six foot three inches with neck-length blonde hair and amber eyes. He has cheetah spots and scars all over his body. He has two tattoos: a MK one on his neck and a circular, green L.G.R. one on his upper left arm. He also has a mechanical left arm, metal legs, a cheetah tail tipped with pincers and claws. His ethnicity is Caucasian and pictures are included above and below.
|An original drawing of Bryce by yours truly.|
4) Describe your character's personality first in one word, and then elaborate with a few sentences.
Determined. Bryce is bent on escaping from the lab he was raised in most of his life and now the new one he's been transported to. Though many tragic events have deterred him, he never stops trying to leave and protect the people he loves.
5) What theme song(s) fit their personality and story arc?
I have so many songs that fit him, but narrow it down to a non-ridiculous number. Animal I've Become by Three Days Grace describes the animal-side he's been forced to become by his captors to survive his hellish environment. Titanium by David Guetta describes his determination and his new metal appendages. Numb by Linkin' Park describes his relationship with the antagonist Judah Mitchell so well it's ridiculous.
6) Which one of the seven deadly sins describes your character?
Wrath. Bryce definitely has a tendency to get angry at most everyone, especially the people who have hurt him personally. Even people associated in anyway to those people.
7) If they were an element (fire, water, earth, air), which one would they be?
Fire. Bryce is passionate, angry, and powerful.
8) What is their favorite word?
Deadbrain. A word for "moron" he and his friends made up.
9) Who’s one person they really miss? (It could be someone who’s passed away, or someone they’re not close to anymore, or someone who’s moved away.)
His little brother Matt. After the scientists transported him to the new lab, he hasn't seen his little brother, his only family, since.
10) What sights, sounds, and smells remind them of that person?
Words, fish, bacon and music. Matt has always wanted to learn to read, his favorite foods are fish and bacon, and he loves music.
And that's a little about Bryce. If you'd like to know more about him, he has two character interviews to check out: Character Interview 1 and Character Interview 2. You can check out some pictures of him on my deviantART and his book's Pinterest board. Thanks for reading!
If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)
You may also like: