Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tea Tuesday: Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls




I'm not really a coffee person. I prefer tea, and I know a lot of fellow writers love tea, too. But have you ever wanted to break out of the Early Grey or English Breakfast norm and try something new? Well, let me help you find some cool new teas! If you need a little hot and flavorful boost to help you reach your writing goal or you're just a lover of tea or you'd like to try some tea but aren't fond of the stereotypical types, these Tea Tuesday posts are for you.

This weeks tea is ... 

*drum roll*

Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls

How I found it: I stumbled upon this tea few years back during a lone trip to the mall. The Teavana store had just come to my mall and as always they have a bunch of employees handing out samples so I decided to try a few. I tried this one and enjoyed it and "Jasmine Dragon" reminded me of the Jasmine Dragon from Avatar: The Last Airbender lol so I ended up purchasing some. Plus phoenixes are cool too ...

The Tea: It's a green tea. It's sweet and light with a very Asian flavor. It looks very neat what with the tea rolled into pearls. They unroll when the tea is brewed.

I don't have a character to steal a gif from so here's Kermit the Frog.
Serving Recommendations: Make sure not to steep too long because it can get bitter. I would recommend about three minutes and to add a little sugar to enhance the flavor.

How much is it and where can you get it? This tea is expensive so unless you have a good income I wouldn't purchase it often. You can find it at the Teavana website or in one of their stores.

So how good is it? I give it four stars because of the bitterness tendency and the expense, but it's worth a try if you have the coin. :)


Have you tried this tea? What did you think of it?

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment