Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wonderful Word Wednesday: Sanguinary





It's Wonderful Word Wednesday again, and I have a very interesting word for you all. 
This word is not to be confused with the word "sanguine" which means cheerfully optimistic, hopeful or confident: a sanguine disposition. It's so funny how similar these words are and how polar opposite their definitions are.

sanguinary
adjective
1.) full of or characterized by bloodshed; bloody: a sanguinary struggle.
2.) ready or eager to shed blood; blood thirsty.
3.) composed of or marked with blood.

Example Sentence: Sting revels in sanguinary battles.

A picture of my character Sting. :) 

Have you seen or used this word before? What do you think of it?

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment