Sunday, December 6, 2015

Soundtrack Sundays: Your Favorite Color is Green (The Hunger Games: The Mockingjay Part 2)




It's Soundtrack Sunday again! The day where I post awesome music to write to or just listen to for pleasure if you're a fellow soundtrack junkie. If you couldn't tell from my previous posts, I absolutely adored the Hunger Games: The Mockingjay Part 2. Check out my review on Geeks Under Grace for more detail! The movie was so beautiful and powerful and the ending was just sublime. 

As per usual with each of the films, the score is equally as amazing. To my frustration, no one has uploaded the individual tracks of the film on YouTube, so I'm embedding this whole track listening, but I'm going to talk about an individual piece. Hopefully I'll be able to embed the single track later on. This piece starts at 12:11 in case this doesn't work.

I love the violin solo at the beginning of this piece with "the Hanging Tree" theme. It has this raw feeling that perfectly embodies Katniss's sadness, frustration, and conflicted feelings with Peeta's situation. Then the piece expands into a more grandiose theme. I love "the Hanging Tree" tune and it's so cool to see it incorporated further into the score. It's a beautiful piece. I could see it working in a fantasy, historical, or even contemporary for writing a melancholy theme. You can listen to more epic music in my Soundtrack Sundays YouTube playlist.

Update; SOMEONE FINALLY POSTED IT! YES!



Have you heard this piece before? What do you think of it? Have you seen the Hunger Games: The Mockingjay Part 2?

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment