Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Tea Tuesday: Mulled Pomegranate Cider




I'm not really a coffee person. I prefer tea, and I know a lot of fellow writers love tea, too. But have you ever wanted to break out of the Early Grey or English Breakfast norm and try something new? Well, let me help you find some cool new teas! If you need a little hot and flavorful boost to help you reach your writing goal or you're just a lover of tea or you'd like to try some tea but aren't fond of the stereotypical types, these Tea Tuesday posts are for you.

This weeks tea is ... 

*drum roll*

Mulled Pomegranate Cider




How I found it: In honor of Christmas coming soon, I purchased a Christmas-y blend. After my previous purchase at Teavana in my mall, I got a coupon, so soon I returned to use it on one special tea for this Tea Tuesday. After smelling and sampling several teas, I found this gem.

The Tea: This. Tea. Is. Really good. The tea smells fantastic as soon as you open the package and it brews a rich dark pink. It has such a unique flavor and an amazing combination of fruit and spices. It almost doesn't even taste like you're drinking tea, but a spiced juice cocktail. 

This tea contains cinnamon, apple pieces, hibiscus flowers, carob pieces, ginger, grapes, elderberries, pomegranate seeds, black pepper, black currants, raspberries, cardamom, cloves, red currants, and blueberries. It creates a symphony of Christmas in your mouth. It has a strong tart flavor primarily from the pomegranate and currants and the sweetness of raspberries and apples. 

By the time of writing his review I've drank three cups and two teapots worth of this tea. It is a perfect Christmas treat. If you get any Teavana or store wide giftcards for Christmas, I'd definitely invest into this tea. It's pricey, but totally worth your money.

Me guzzling this tea.
Serving Recommendations: I steeped this tea for five minutes at 212 and just added a bit of sugar to stave off the tartness. 

How much is it and where can you get it? You can buy this tea at a Teavana store or online. It's 9.98 USD per 2 oz. which makes 15-20 cups of tea. It's on the pricier side of teas, but like I said, it's worth it. 

So how good is it? This is a high-quality, flavorful tea that helps one get into the Christmas spirit! Five stars!

Have you tried this tea? What did you think of it? Have you had any other Teavana teas?


If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment