Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tea Tuesday: Dragon Eye Oolong




I'm not really a coffee person. I prefer tea, and I know a lot of fellow writers love tea, too. But have you ever wanted to break out of the Early Grey or English Breakfast norm and try something new? Well, let me help you find some cool new teas! If you need a little hot and flavorful boost to help you reach your writing goal or you're just a lover of tea or you'd like to try some tea but aren't fond of the stereotypical types, these Tea Tuesday posts are for you.

This weeks tea is ... 

*drum roll*

Dragon Eye Oolong



How I found it: A friend of mine found this tea at a Circle K gas station and insisted I try it the next time I came to see her. When I finally got to her house and smelled the tea bag for the first time, my first though was "It smells like a dragon." If somehow I ever pictured how a dragon would smell this is how this tea tastes if that makes sense lol. Next thing I know, both of us are loading up on this tea the next time we go to the Circle K gas station.

The Tea: Like I said this tea smells like a dragon. No, I'll be a little more descriptive. This is a light, sweet tea with a slight smokey taste hence dragon. ;) It's a mixture of black and green tea with peach, safflower and apricot tastes which make this lovely soothing taste.

Serving Recommendations: I steep this tea for three or four minutes and take it with sugar only.

How much is it and where can you get it? This is a slightly expensive tea and a bit hard to find. It is currently out of stock on the Revolution Tea website and expensive on Amazon, but I also found it on the Vitamin Shoppe website for a cheaper price. And hey check some of your local Circle K gas stations. You may get lucky. ;) It was about a dollar per tea bag there.

So how good is it? Because of this teas unusual taste and limited availability, I don't drink it too often, but I still love the flavor. Four stars!


Have you tried this tea? What did you think of it?

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment