Friday, March 29, 2019

Monthly Summary: March 2019





March has been crazy busy! Between my jobs changing, prepping for Iceland, and working on Red Hood it's been a whirlwind!



What I did:


1.) I edited Red Hood and worked on my book proposal. I decided to hold off on Black Hood until I've gotten this finished. It's just too much to tackle right now. I'll have plenty of waiting to do once Red Hood goes on submission.


In other publishing news, two of my essays made it into an anthology!


If you're interested in getting a copy you can on Amazon!
2.) I mostly work work worked. I'm transferring with one of my jobs and leaving one job for another, so that's been a crazy transition that's still in the process. I'm all prepared for Iceland with the exception of packing! Spring is in full swing in Georgia right now, so there are so many beautiful blooming flowers.



3.) I finished Tower of Dawn and I enjoyed it! Review up next week!


4.) I'm slowly but surely working on some drawings. I managed to do some inking and such. Here's a sneak peak of a big emblem for Red Hood.



5.) I wrote a review for Captain Marvel on Geeks Under Grace!

The Geeky Department:


1.) I finished Kingdom Hearts II, Birth by Sleep, and RE:Coded! I'm still really enjoying the series! 
I just finished Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance! I loved having the Dream Eaters. They're my beebs. 



2.) I'm currently playing Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep a fragmentary passage! I feel so bad for poor Aqua.




3.) I saw Captain Marvel and I enjoyed it! Goose and Fury forever. Haha!



What I'm Going to Do:

1.) My goal is to get the Red Hood manuscript and proposal to my agent by April 15th affirmatively. I just have to finish up the proposal and go through a bit more feedback for the manuscript then they're ready! I may participate in CampNaNo to work on Silver Hood or Black Hood. I'm seeing how things go. 


2.) I'M GOING TO FRIGGIN' ICELAND, YA'LL!!! AND I'M GOING TO TURN 26 THERE (GAH I'M SO OLD)! AND I'M SO EXCITED! AND I GET TO FINALLY MEET SARA LETOURNEAU! AND AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! 


*takes deep breath and regains composure*

After a year of saving I will be going to the Iceland Writers Retreat with Younger Sister Number One (I have four okay? XD). I'll be chronicling the whole trip daily on my Instagram as I visit the city of Reykjavik, tour the Iceland countryside, learn from authors from around the world, and of course, indulge in Icelandic cuisine!


I'll be seeing Europe's hottest hot spring!

3.) I want to finish Germ and hopefully read Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas!




4.) I'm really really trying to finish some drawings. I'm working on an emblem for Red Hood, a piece of Mor, and I want to do some drawings of Red Hood Manor coats of arms and an enchanted knife.

5.) I have a piece about Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind going up on Earth Day!


Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

So Your Character is Cyberschooled ... Featuring Maggie Shive
Language of Worlds - Belated January/February Edition A Book Review of War Storm by Victoria Aveyard Writing Lessons from Video Games: Final Fantasy XV Questions for Aska (Silver Hood)!
On Putting a Cap on Your Creativity

Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


April 2: A Book Review of Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas - I'm happy to get a book review out so soon after I finished it! Yays! This was a great edition of the series!

April 5: Writing Lessons from Anime: Erased: A Town without Me - Love this anime and I decided to write a post all about it!



April 9: Voted Most Likely Tag! - I stole this tag from another blogger because it's super fun!

April 12: Iceland Report 2019/Now I'm 26 ... - Cause, guys, I gotta tell you all about dis. And I'm talking about leveling up another year.

April 16: Questions for Benedikt (Silver Hood) - I'm going through all of my halfura to flesh them out for writing Silver Hood. Benedikt is a nerdy sweety who needs questions!

April 19: How to Get the Most Out of a Book Research Trip - My two main reasons for going to Iceland were for book research and inspiration and I feel like I got so much out of it by doing a myriad of things!

April 23: A Book Review of Germ by Robert Liparulo - I haven't reviewed a thriller in a while so this should be fun!

April 26: Interview with Benedikt and Aska (Silver Hood) - Aska didn't get questions last month so she'll be doing an interview with Benedikt!

April 30: Monthly Summary - Like this but for April.


Overall, March was a good sort of transitional month. XD



How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts? Are you doing any spring traveling? Have you read any of the books or played any of the video games I've mentioned?

You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment