Friday, April 26, 2019

Interview with Benedikt and Aska (Silver Hood)!






Me: 
Hey! Thanks, everyone, for the great questions! Something went wonky with Aska's questions and they didn't show up in anyone's feed so she didn't get many questions, so we're doing a dual interview with both Benedikt and Aska! So this interview won't get too long and I know Aska won't answer many of your questions some of them will be only directed to Benedikt. *turns in Tonight Show desk to face Benedikt and Aska who are sitting next to each other on a couch* Hey, you two.

Benedikt:
*smiles* Hello.

Aska:
*nods in greeting*

Me: 
Ready to get started?

Benedikt:
Yes, this seems like an interesting experience. *has ankle rested on his knee, dressed in nice clothing*

Aska:
I suppose. *shrugs, has her arms crossed, wearing buckskin*




Me:
The first question is for Aska and it's from Christine: Tell me about the Isamaour, and what is it like being half Isamaour and half human?

Aska:
*nudges Benedikt with her shoulder* You're better to answer this one.

Benedikt:
Oh um, I guess so. *clears throat* 

Aska: 
Try to keep it short. We don't want to bore anyone.

Benedikt:
*purses lips* Well um the Isamaour people have been around since the First Days. According to legend, we were created by the Four Siblings, beginning with the eldest who molded us out of snow hence our name which translates to "ice men." The spirits granted us the ability to change matter at will. As for being halfura, it depends on how you're born. If you're like Aska *motions to her* or me who has white skin then it's easy to pass as Isamaour and no one knows the difference but if you're born like Maeja or Einer who have a sanguine tint unless you wear powder to whiten your skin then everyone knows what you are and it's frowned upon. It didn't use to be but since the war it is. *adjusts glasses*

Me: 
That's a good answer. *writes things down* A question for you this time from Emily G. Do you think being a halfura and a fifth child makes you different from other people? How? 

Benedikt:
I already explained the bit about halfura, but being a fifth child definitely makes a difference if it is known and I hide it. Fifth children can't play with other children and are denied jobs because they are bad luck. There are folktales about fifth children being possessed by evil spirits and eating their siblings.

Aska:
I think it's all nonsense, but many people believe it.

Benedikt:
My thoughts exactly.

Me:
A follow-up question from Emily, as a fifth child, if you had a fifth child of your own, would you give them up as expected of you or find a way to keep them?

Aska:
*smirks, looks to Benedikt*

Benedikt: 
I haven't really thought that far ahead but um *adjusts glasses* it's ceremonial for women to be sterilized after their four pregnancy. A fifth pregnancy is nearly always accidental, but if I somehow made that mistake or my wife had twins I would give the child to a good family.

Aska: 
The same for me. *shrugs*

Me:
Makes sense. This is for both of you. Amy Covel asks, what do other people think about you?

Aska:
I think Benedikt talks too much and studies too much. *hold up Benedikt's wrist to show his hand stained with ink* I mean look at his hand.

Benedikt:
*pulls his wrist away* I think Aska is impertinent and abrasive. *tugs down sleeve over his hand*

Aska:
I think he's cowardly and spends too much time reading books instead of getting out in the real world.

Benedikt:
Not everyone likes to risk breaking their neck while skiing mountain slopes.

Me:
*chuckles* That works for an answer. An anonymous questioner asks, what is the Isriki condition?


Benedikt: 
It's a defect known also as the Inking or the Blight, but using our abilities releases a toxin into our bodies which eventually will infect our entire bodies. How long that will take depends on how frequently abilities are used, but it is eventually fatal.

Aska:
It looks like this. *rolls down sleep on her wrist to show angled lines weaving up and down her forearm* It goes all the way down to my--

Benedikt:
I think that's quite enough Aska.

Aska:
Prude. *looks at me* He won't even get into a thermal pool until everyone else has left.

Benedikt: 
*glares at Aska*

Me:
*smirks* Emily G. also asks, what is your worst fear regarding your powers?

Benedikt:
Dying of course.

Aska:
Everyone eventually dies of something. It's better than being afraid of who you are.

Benedikt:
Why did you have to allow her here?

Me:
Someone asked her questions.

Benedikt:
*mumbles* Only five.

Me:
Anyway ...  Christine asks both of you, how do you feel about Lord Nzelt? What is it like being adopted by him?

Aska:
He gives me a roof over my head. *shrugs*

Benedikt:
And the finest skis you could buy. He's very generous to us. We had the best education, food, living quarters. Everything.

Aska:
*under her breath* As long as you don't make him mad.

Benedikt:
That's private, Aska. It's inappropriate to speak badly about him.

Aska:
*rolls eyes*

Me:
Well then, are the other wards like siblings; what is his relationship with them?

Aska:
Judging from the last few minutes, what do you think?

Me:
Point taken. Does he have someone he likes/loves?

Benedikt: 
*opens up mouth to answer*

Aska:
Maeja. He's had affections for her since they were little.

Benedikt:
*blushes deep purple* Aska ...

Aska:
Everyone who sees you two in the same room together knows it.

Benedikt:
*looks up at the ceiling like "Why me?"*

Me:
*keeps smiling* Aska, Christine wants to know about Maeja. Do you get along?

Aska:
Well enough. She's my little sister who likes to please everyone and keep the peace in our eclectic band. If Einer pushes her around, I make sure not to pull my punches in sparring practice. 

Me:
Christine, who do you enjoy spending time with the most?

Aska & Benedikt:
Maeja. *they look at each other*

Me:
*nods* What quality does he look in a friend?

Benedikt:
Well, I don't have many of them since I do travel from place to place a lot, but I suppose I'd like a friend who has a good education so we can have a good conversation.

Me:
Makes sense. Christine asks, what does a normal day look like for you?

Benedikt:
I spend the morning of my day studying. Arithmetic, history, literature, and Silfurlundian which I believe you call English. It's my second language. In the afternoon, I focus on studying chemistry with Lord Nzelt if he isn't busy. Then, of course, we have meals and such. And I usually spend the evening studying.

Aska:
Mine's the same in the morning and in the afternoon I spar or go skiing.

Me: 
What's your favorite book?

Benedikt: 
Oh, definitely Olafsson's book on organic chemistry. I've read it eleven times.

Me: 
What's your favorite movie?

Benedikt:
What's a movie?

Me:
It's like moving pictures. 

Benedikt:
*squints*

Me:
What's your favorite play?

Benedikt:
Oh oh I don't attend many of them, but I did like a production about how the Isamaour helped the humans survive the Great Winter. It was fascinating.

Me:
Christine asks, What is your biggest regret in life?

Benedikt:
I'm not answering that with Aska here. She'll blackmail me with it.

Aska:
I would.

Me: 
If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

Aska:
*inhales to answer*

Benedikt:
*gives her a look*

Aska:
*rolls eyes clamps mouth shut*

Me:
We'll move on from that. Amy asks, what would you change about yourself?

Benedikt:
Having abilities. I don't want them or need them.

Aska:
*stays quiet*

Me: 
What is the worst thing that could happen to you?

Benedikt:
Die.

Aska:
Not ever leave Nzelt.

Benedikt:
*scowls at her*

Aska:
*raises eyebrows in defiance*

Me:
*glances between them* What is your greatest joy?

Benedikt:
Helping others with the medicines I create.

Aska:
I'm not a joyful person.

Me:
And lastly, if you could have your greatest dream realized, what would it be?

Benedikt:
To cure the Isamaour Blight.

Aska:
To win the national skiing championships.

Me:
Both good dreams. And that's all you two. Thank you for being here.

Benedikt:
My pleasure.

Aska:
*nods*


What do you think of Benedikt and Aska? Do you have any further questions for them? Have you ever done a character interview? Share a link in the comments!

You may also like:
Interview with Annette (Silver Hood)!
Interview with Chalmers (Black Hood)!

No comments:

Post a Comment