Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Monthly Summary: April 2019





April was a whirlwind of a month, but I had so many unforgettable experiences! 



What I did:

1.) The Red Hood proposal and manuscript have been sent off to my agent so it will be sent off to publishers any time now!


I didn’t manage to enter into CampNaNo but I did start reading over Silver Hood. 


2.) April was a whirlwind! First of all, I turned 26 in Iceland and that trip was amazing! I already want to go back. I gave a detailed report two weeks ago.




I’ve also had a long of job changes which have been stressful but for the best. Leaving both of my old workplaces was really hard but I’m adjusting to my new ones slowly but surely. One of my new workplaces is much closer to home, so my commute is so much better now.


I also went down to visit my old friend and got to meet her month old baby boy. ^ ^

And I'm officially registered to go to Realm Makers!!! I will be in St. Louis for the event! I'm so excited! :D



3.) I finished Germ by Robert Liparulo!





4.) I managed to draw this month! WHOO HOO! I've finished a piece of the woman Mor begins as and the woman she becomes and one of her pin which is a symbol of the series.







5.) My Think Christian piece about Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind is up!


The Geeky Department:


1.) I saw Avengers: Endgame and thought it did have its flaws I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a fantastic end to a wonderful saga.




2.) I finished playing Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, and Episode Ignis and they were such emotional rides but I’m happy to have spent some more time with my boys again. ^ ^



3.) I caught some fun Pokémon in Iceland including a Mr. Mime (finally) and I’ve gotten some other ones at home as well.













What I'm Going to Do:


1.) I’m going to read over Silver Hood, plot revisions, and hopefully start on draft three. 


2.) I’m going to MegaCon next month! I’m so pumped! So many amazing guests are coming this year including Sean Astin, David Tennant, and Patrick Warburton!!




3.) I’m currently reading Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas and I want to start the Shadow Queen by CJ Redwine since she’s coming to Realm Makers this year and Daybreak by Viktor Arnar Ingolfsson which I got in my goody bag at the Iceland Writers Conference!




4.) I'm working on drawing some emblems for each of my Red Hood factions and countries!

5.) I'm hoping to have another Think Christian piece up soon!


Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

A Book Review of Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. MaasWriting Lessons from Anime: Erased: A Town Without MeVoted Most Likely Tag!
Iceland Report 2019/Now I'm 26 ...
Questions for Benedikt (Silver Hood)!

How to Get the Most Out of Your Writing Research Trip
A Book Review of Germ by Robert Liparulo
Interview with Benedikt and Aska (Silver Hood)!

Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...

May 3: Writing Lessons from Movies: Ladyhawke - I love this classic 80s movie and during my recent rewatch I discovered it has a lot of great writing points!


May 7: Questions for Skua (Red Hood)! - Skua is my villain in Red Hood and I'd like to get to know him a bit more!


May 10: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Tag - I'm still on a Marvel high so I'm excited to do this tag!
May 14: Interview with Skua (Red Hood)! - Skua will answer his questions on this day!

May 17: 15 Natural Healing Materials to Help Your Ailing Characters - Sometimes doctors aren't available and you've got to keep your characters alive. I'm going to discuss some healing materials you can find in nature that actually do work!


May 21: A Book Review of Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas - I'm finally reading the last book of the series! Can't wait to share my thoughts!


May 24: MegaCon Report 2019 - This year's line-up is phenomenal. I'm so pumped to share my experiences!


May 28: Language of Worlds - Better late than never!



May 31: Monthly Summary May 2019 - Like this but for May.





April was a fantastic month! I can’t wait for May!


How was your month? What did you do? Do you have any plans for May? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?



You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment