Friday, July 12, 2019

The Bestiary Tag


I've created my very first tag! I've wanted to do this for years, but I didn't know what I wanted it to be about. Well, I haven't seen a tag anywhere that talks about amazing mythical beasts, so I thought I'd fill the gap! I didn't use mythical beast for the tag name cause Good Mythical Morning has claimed that but I love mythical creatures and there are so many unusual and creative ones out there! I literally own a bestiary--two of them, so I'm nuts about these!




The Rules:


  • Include my graphic somewhere in the post and/or link back to me, pretty please.
  • Answer the questions on your blog!
  • Tag three or more fantasy fans!

The Questions:

1.) What is your favorite mythical creature?


2.) When was the first time you heard of this beast?


3.) What is your favorite portrayal of this creature in media? 


4.) If you could shapeshift into a mythical beast what would you pick?


5.) What mythical beast would you love to have as a pet?


6.) What is your favorite mythological story surrounding a fantastical beast like in Greek Mythology, Egyptian Mythology, etc.?


7.) What mythical creature would terrify you the most if you encountered it in person?


8.) What is the most unusual mythical creature you've ever heard of?


9.) What uncommon mythical beast do you wish you saw more of in books and movies?


10.) If you could create a mythical creature what would it be?



My Answers:


1.) What is your favorite mythical creature?

Griffins. They're a combination of my two favorite things: cats and birds. Fluffy and feathery. ^ ^

2.) When was the first time you heard of this beast?

I think it was in Alice in Wonderland, but I feel like it was before that.

3.) What is your favorite portrayal of this creature in media? 

Disney's The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe did my favorite version. They're exactly how I picture them.


4.) If you could shapeshift into a mythical beast what would you pick?
Probably a griffin as well because they can fly and be cuddly and they have opposable thumbs. That's important. And if I fly above like some really big National Park people may not spot me. I have to be able to text and fly--if I don't break my screen with my talons.

5.) What mythical beast would you love to have as a pet?

Realistically (Since seriously I couldn't take care of a griffin in my little house in the suburbs because that would require a lot of raw meat and I would not want to be responsible for a lot of missing animals in the neighborhood.) an Ukobach from Blue Exorcist. He's a stove spirit, so he would help me cook. I've told my friends so many times how much I want one. So he'd more be like my little buddy. I'd love so much to have a little cooking companion.


6.) What is your favorite mythological story or Grimm's fairy tale surrounding a fantastical beast?
I always like the story of Bellepheron rising on Pegasus to defeat the Chimera in Greek mythology and the origin of Pegasus emerging from Medusa’s body. It’s weird but creative. XD 

7.) What mythical creature would terrify you the most if you encountered it in person?

A wendigo from Algonquin mythology. Cannibals creepy me out. 

Credit to the artist.
8.) What is the most unusual mythical creature you've ever heard of?
Definitely, the Penanggalan which is a severed woman’s head with entrails demon from Malaysian mythology. I mean who comes up with that crap? XD 

9.) What uncommon mythical beast do you wish you saw more of in books and movies?

Kitsune are really cool. They’re Japanese nine-tail foxes. There’s one in Naruto and there was on in Supernatural or Grimm I think but they hardly ever have man roles in Western media.

10.) If you could create a mythical creature what would it be?

I’ve actually created several mythical creatures for my book such as the sjaekki from the Red Hood series which are invisible and no one knows that they look like except they see their hoof-like footprints in snow or mud. I also invented Maeremorgs which are black panthers with wings that can become incorporeal and hypnotize their prey.

I Tag:
Christine @ Christine Smith Author
Melissa @ Quill Pen Writer
Skye @ Ink Castles
Emily @ The Ones That Really Matter
Melody @ Down the Rabbit Hole

Also, feel free to steal. I'm just nominating these particular ladies.


What are some of your answers to this tag? Have you ever created a tag? What's your favorite tag you've ever done?

You may also like: 
The Marvel Cinematic Universe Tag!
Voted Most Likely Tag!
Knowing the Novel Part 3 (Though I Only Did this Part)
The Shared WIP Tag (Week 4 Even Though I Didn't Do the Other Weeks but I Wanted to Do a Post on Side Characters and Setting So There)
Some of My Favorite Things: A Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment