Tuesday, December 17, 2019

The 20 Question Book Tag!





I haven’t done a tag in a while so I’m excited to do this one that Emily @ The Ones That Really Matter tagged me in!



1.) How many books are too many in a series?
I personally like trilogies. To me five is a good round number for series, maybe seven tops. I will and have read longer series but I don’t like it when the plot seems unnecessarily stretched or the plots seem contrite. I lost interest in the Maximum Ride and the Redwall series for these reasons. 

2.) How do you feel about cliff-hangers?
If the next book is already out, I don’t mind but if I have to wait like a year plus they’re very painful ... But that doesn’t mean I don’t like torturing readers and writing them in my own books.

3.) Hardcover or paperback?
Hardcover. They can take more punishment and they just look prettier.

4.) Favorite book?
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. 

5.) Least favorite book?
The 5th Wave. That book was just a disaster. 

6.) Love triangles, yes or no?
I like them if they’re done right. They can be messed up pretty easily. 

7.) The most recent book you couldn’t finish?
I don’t really DNF books but I guess the last book that I considered DNFing was The Gunslinger by Stephen King.



8.) A book you are currently reading?
I’m reading two right now. Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young and the Lost Causes of Bleak Creek by Rhett and Link. 

9.) Last book you recommended to someone?
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. I went on a whole rant recommending it to two people. 

10.) Oldest book you’ve read? (publication date)
I read Shakespeare’s unabridged plays as a kid so those are a few hundred years old.

11.) Newest book you’ve read? (publication date)
The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross. That book came out last year. 

12.) Favorite author?
That’s tough. I guess right now it’s CJ Redwine. 



13.) Buying books or borrowing?
I usually buy books that I know I’ll like or to support the authors and then I borrow a lot of books from the library for budget reasons and so if I don’t like the book I’m not saddled with it which I’ve done before.

14.) A book you dislike that everyone seems to love?
I really can’t stand the Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I found it really boring and the plot didn’t start till page 264 out of like 400 pages.

15.) Bookmarks or dog-ears?
Bookmarks! Why would I desecrate my books?!

16.) A book you can always reread?
I honestly don’t reread that much because I just don’t have the time, but I have reread the Horse and His Boy and that’s a good one.

17.) Can you read while hearing music?
Oh yeah. It’s how I read on break at work. I drown out all the extraneous noise.

18.) One POV or multiple POVs?
I tend to like multiple POVs. I like getting different perspectives. 

19.) Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
More like a multiple weeks for me. 😅

20.) Who do you tag?
I’ve been so behind on the blogging reading rounds but I’m hoping to check in soon but I’m opening this tag to anyone to know that I’m thinking of all of you! And wishing you a restful and joyful Christmas season!



Have you done this tag? What are some of your answers to the questions? Feel free to steal!

You may also like:
Fictional Would You Rather Tag

The Bestiary Tag
The Marvel Cinematic Universe Tag!
Voted Most Likely Tag!
Knowing the Novel Part 3 (Though I Only Did this Part)




No comments:

Post a Comment