Friday, August 28, 2020

Monthly Wanderings: August 2020

 


August was a mostly uneventful month. XD The best part was hiking other than that work work work lol. 

What I did:

1.) I couldn't resist and I've started doing some plotting for In Darkest Starlight, my NA Fantasy I'm going to write for NaNo! I'm also trying to have my website move scheduled for sometime in October. 


2.) Like I said earlier hiking was the best part of the month. I hiked up Kennesaw Mountain and a low cloud was over the peak and it was so enchanting. <3

3.) I finished Crooked House by Agatha Christie and Gatekeepers by Robert Liparulo!

4.) I did a little bit of crafting this month. I've been working on some Avatar: The Last Airbender nesting dolls, but I'm nervous that I won't do them justice. XD

The Geeky Department:

1.) I'm still loving Animal Crossing: New Horizons! I just did a big makeover to my island and I love it even more now. <3 So pumped for fall and fall recipes!

2.) I finished the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Man, that was a journey and a great game.

3.) I finished the Gabriel Knight trilogy. Though I liked the first two games, the third was a massive fail for me. I'll explain why in a post next month!'

4.) I'm finally watching The Umbrella Academy! This is such a unique superhero show. My favorite characters have to be Klaus and Ben! XD Klaus has a great character arc.

5.) I'm currently playing the Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition! It's a great story with lovable characters and amazing world-building!

What I'm Going to Do:

1.) I'm going to go over feedback from my agent and I'm hoping to do more plotting for In Darkest Starlight!


2.) I leave on Monday for West Yellowstone, Montana to spend five days in Yellowstone National Park! I'm so stoked! My cousin and I have some possible other plans, but they're still up in the air. Keep an eye on Instagram for those!


3.) I'm going to finish The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks and The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan and hopefully start Within These Lines by Stephanie Morrill!


4.) I'm going to try to summon courage and finish those ATLA nesting dolls and some clay projects!


5.) I may have some pieces going up on a few sites.


Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

Book Review and Writing Lessons: Scythe by Neal Shusterman
Writing Lessons from TV Shows: The Witcher
Book Review and Writing Lessons: Watcher in the Woods by Robert Liparulo

Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...

September 4: Book Review and Writing Lessons: the Awakened by Richard Spillman - There was good and meh about this book but there was some stuff to learn about this CBA thriller.

September 11: Yellowstone National Park 2020 Report - So excited to tell you about my adventures in my first report post in six months!

September 18: Writing Lessons from Video Games: The Gabriel Knight Trilogy - There was a lot I liked and a lot I didn't like, but there's a lot to learn from this classic PC adventure game series.

September 25: Book Review and Writing Lessons: Crooked House by Agatha Christie - This was such an interesting book. Can't wait to tell you about it!

September 29: Monthly Summary: September 2020 - Like this but for September. :D


Overall, it was a bit of a boring month, but I'm super pumped for next month!

How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts? Have you been able to go hiking this summer?

You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment