Saturday, March 14, 2015

Beautiful People: Mor




It's time for this month's Beautiful People! Yay! This is a link-up hosted by Paperfury and Further Up and Further In where you answer questions about your characters. I participated in Beautiful People #1#2#3 and the villain special last year, Beautiful People Author Edition, and Beautiful People Valentine Edition. This link-up has been so incredibly helpful for me. ^ ^  

Since Mor's being stubborn and I still haven't gotten into every last cranny of her soul, she's going to be the subject of attention this month. I have a book that needs to be ready by August and she's the main character so I need to know every last detail! If you'd like to participate in this link-up yourself, check out either Paperfury or Further Up and Further In to see how. Here we go!


1. What is her secret desire?
Mor's most inner desire is to help people and be loved by people.

2. What is the best and brightest moment she experiences during the story?
This is hard ... I put her through a lot of bad stuff ... I can't tell one because it's a spoiler ... I guess one is seeing the northern lights on the snow and reflecting off the crystalline pillars in the land of Isriki. It's a really cool scene.

3. What are the emotional places she is afraid to go to?
Mor is afraid to show any weakness, because she feels like as a leader she needs to be a strong example and that means no blubbering. She has trouble showing sadness and because of that she has trouble grieving which has left some deep dents in her heart and deep ruts in her relationships.

4. Is there a place/city/room where she will never go? Why?
Her father's grave. She hates going there knowing its an empty tomb and she just can't stand accepting the reality that he's gone even after his death ten years ago.

5. If she were permanently leaving town, what would they easily throw out? What would she refuse to part with? (Why?)
Funny because Mor actually does permanently leave town. She would easily throw out her frilly dresses. Mor is a definite tomboy. She would refuse to part with her throwing axes. They're a family heirloom and she wouldn't dare leave them behind.


6. What does she want (consciously and tangibly)?
She wants to be a legendary Red Hood, a werewolf huntress, like her ancestors.

7. On the other hand: what does she need (on the emotional, subconscious level)?
Mor really wants support and approval of her mother, but they have become estranged since her father passed away. She wants to be recognized and approved of by others also hence why she wants to become a legend.

8. If she could change one thing about herself, what would it be?
Deep down, Mor sometimes wishes she was a softer person. She has a scab around her heart and it makes her come across as unfeeling and course.

9. What is the most humiliating event of her life?
When she was caught crying in school after her father's death and a bully called her a "weak, blubbering baby."

10. What things does she turn to when they need a bit of hope?
Mor prays and she also seeks comfort from her friends especially Claes.

Some of these questions were really tough, I have to really sit down and think about them which is a good thing for me. I needed it for stubborn Mor. If you're like to learn a little more ( ;) ) about her, check out her character interview and the Beautiful Book posts (#1, #2, #3) about her book! Thanks for another awesome link-up, Cait!

What do you think of Mor? Have you done Beautiful People this month? Post your links in the comments!

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment