Sunday, December 13, 2015

Soundtrack Sundays: Dragon Boy (Spirited Away)




It's Soundtrack Sunday again! The day where I post awesome music to write to or just listen to for pleasure if you're a fellow soundtrack junkie. Today I bring you a piece from the most successful Japanese animated film of all time: Spirited Away. Though I didn't watch this movie as a child, I did see it a few years ago. It's such a unique film that I call the Japanese Alice and Wonderland. 

This piece is very intense. The beginning is very grandiose with the horns. It has areas where it is more calm and bits where you can see a character being terrified by something, but it definitely suited for an action scene. It's a beautiful full orchestra piece that could be good across several different genres, including fantasy, sci-fi, and historical. You can listen to more epic music in my Soundtrack Sundays YouTube playlist.


Have you heard this piece before? What do you think of it? Have you seen Spirited Away?

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment