Saturday, November 4, 2017

Monthly Summary: October 2017





October was a busy month for me. Between two out of town trips for work and NaNo prep I definitely haven't been bored.


What I did:

1.) I got as ready as I could be for NaNoWriMo. I did worldbuilding, character development, and outlining. I also attended my first local writer meet up!



2.) Outside of the writing life, I went to Tennessee twice for work. It was nice seeing my family and getting all of my food paid for by the company. I went to a neat Indian restaurant and a Chinese restaurant.









3.) I finished writing Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis, The Girl Who Could See by Kara Swanson, House of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo, and The Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard!

4.) I drew Adelaide and Osment from Silhouette!




5.) I did an official con report about AWA on Geeks Under Grace, wrote about Epic Mickey on Geekdom House, and was featured on the Realm Makers blog about DragonCon and AWA!



The Geeky Department:


1.) I watched Stranger Things 2 and loooooooved it!


2.) I watched Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga and enjoyed it! It was neat having this part of the show fleshed out more.


3.) I've been rewatching Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, because it's a great show and it's been a while since I've watched it. XD


4.) I didn't dress up for Halloween, though I did wear a gothic chic outfit on that day, but I did carve epic pumpkins as is tradition. ^ ^





What I Learned:

1.) World Building and Character Development Before Plotting - One thing I noticed while prepping for NaNoWriMo was that it was a lot easier to plot after I'd done the worldbuilding and character development first. That way I could incorporate these elements into the plot more actively. For example, the midpoint twist is directly related to Cohen's past. If I hadn't known about that past it would have been hard for me to plot the twist.


What I'm Going to Do:


1.) Next month I'm doing NaNoWriMo to write Silhouette!



2.) Outside of writing, I'm going to Florida for the weekend to celebrate a friend's birthday then enjoying Thanksgiving. ^ ^ I'll also be going to Tennessee once again for work.

3.) I'm going to read Winter by Marissa Meyer and King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard!




4.) I'm hoping to do more Silhouette drawings. ^ ^

5.) I have one piece going up on Geekdom House then I'm also going to be reviewing Thor: Ragnarok on Geeks Under Grace!



Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...
So Your Character is From Ukraine ... Featuring Valery @ Sunny Eri: Beauty Experience
DragonCon & Anime Weekend Atlanta 2017 Report
Monthly Summary: September 2017
So Your Character is From Bulgaria ... Featuring Vilina Christoph
Beautiful Books 2016 ~ Introduce Your Novel: Silhouette
Necrologies and Debacles: Avatar: The Last Airbender & The Legend of Korra Edition
So Your Character is Hard of Hearing ... Featuring Lelia Rose Foreman
A Book Review of Black by Ted Dekker
Writing Lessons from Music Videos: Shelter
So Your Character is from Serbia ... Featuring Norah @ Bookish Fever
Tori's Tips for Purchasing a Gaming Laptop
Henchmen 101
So Your Character is From Romania ... Teodora @ My Reading Nook
Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


November 7 - So Your Character is From Bangladesh ... - Shouni is coming on the blog to talk about her country!

November 10 - Beautiful Books - I can't wait to share more about Silhouette with you!


November 11 - Necrologies & Debacles: King's Quest Edition - The final episode of the conclusion game for my all time favorite game series is slated to come out this year, so that's gotten me in a King's Quest mood, so I'm doing a post about the series' villains!


November 14 - So Your Character is From Singapore -  Jia and Camilia will be sharing about their country!


November 17 - A Book Review of The Girl Who Could See by Kara Swanson - Finally getting the review up for this novella!



November 18 - Writing Lessons from King's Quest VI: Creating Settings with Character - Like I said, I'm in a King's Quest mood, so I'm doing a post on the wonderful setting that is the Green Isles!

November 21 - So Your Character is From Vietnam ... - Liliana is going to be sharing with us about her country!


November 24 - Tag - I'll be doing some tags. Not sure which ones yet. XD


November 25 - Robots 101 - Robots are awesome and I'm going to be talking all about them in this post!



November 28 - So Your Character is From Brunei ... - Iween is going to be sharing about her country!



Overall, October was a pretty good month. I'm really enjoying the cool weather. I've missed boots and scarves!




How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?


No comments:

Post a Comment