Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Monthly Wanderings: November 2019





Hey, guys! I know it's been a while. I had to reassess a lot of my priorities in November and mental health stuff cropped up so I needed more time to get myself together, but now things are a lot more manageable and I feel much more refreshed after my trip to Canada!



What I did:


1.) Well, I did not finish NaNoWriMo. In fact, I got into a little burnout, but I did manage to get in about 10K this month. I've also gotten a lot of rejections for Red Hood from publishers this month, so well I'm a little down when it comes to writing. I'm trying to keep my chin up, but yeah ... 
Some of my priority reassessment meant retiring from two writing gigs to make more time to focus on writing so I'm kinda dealing with that like a breakup. :P

2.) I stayed in Canada for ten days and it was really great. It was nice having a long break my day jobs and just to relax, spend time with a good friend, and just be myself. I'll give a full report for the trip on Friday, but some of my favorite highlights were walking on a frozen lake, winning an escape room, and drinking the best chai tea ever at Remedy Cafe!





I also had Thanksgiving with family which was pretty nice. Good food. 



3.) I've finished A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K Leguin and I'm almost with The Blood Spell by C.J. Redwine! I've also started Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman!




The Geeky Department:


1.) While up in Canada, Cassia forced me to watch Gravity Falls. XD I'm definitely a fan now. I didn't expect to like it, but it grew on me lol. I've also been watching the new seasons of RWBY and My Hero Academia. I'm enjoying both!





2.) I saw two new movies this month both to do with Mr. Rogers. I watched Won't You Be My Neighbor documentary and it was amazing. My face was wet with tears by the end. Then I also saw A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood which was okay but the movie was trippy. Not what I'd expect in a Mr. Rogers film lol.




3.) I'm currently playing Child of Light on the Nintendo Switch. It's cute so far. It's like playing a storybook but with a bit of a dark twist. On my PS4 I'm playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's a beautiful game. The graphic are amazing. It immediately hooked me.



4.) I saw Of Monsters and Men in concert and they were freaking amazing!!! A great way to kick off the Christmas season!


5.) I've been a little slow on the Pokemon catches lately. Slim pickings. 

What I'm Going to Do:


1.) I'm going to get into a solid 1K+ routine and really focus on getting Silver Hood done. This will be a lot easier without big obligation side gigs taking time away from novel writing.


2.) This month is Christmas so of course, I'll be celebrating that holiday. I'm also planning to do some Christmas activities beforehand too. :)


3.) I'm going to finish Norse Mythology and The Blood Spell and then read Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young and The Lost Causes of Bleak Creek by Rhett and Link.





Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...


A Book Review of And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2019 Report

Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


December 6: Canada 2019 Report - I'll be recounting all of my Canada adventures!

December 10: A Book Review of A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K Leguin - I'm giving my thoughts on this novel!

December 13: Writing Lessons from TV Shows: Gravity Falls - I loved this show so much I must write a whole post about it!

December 17: Language of Worlds - I can't wait to participate in this again!

December 20: Hiatus - I'll be taking another hiatus until January 14th with the exception of the following post.

December 31: Monthly Wanderings: December 2019/Yearly Wanderings - Where I summarize 2019!




November had a lot of highlights and a lot of downsides. It was definitely a rollercoaster.



How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?



You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment