Friday, September 27, 2019

Monthly Wanderings: September 2019


September was a pretty insane month between going out of town twice and tackling a new writing job on top of everything else! But I made some amazing memories.


What I did:


1.) I'm at 26,500 as of writing this post, but hopefully, I'll get it up to 30,000 by the end of the month, so I can keep up my 10K at least a month goal.


I also got my first rejection from a publisher an agent has sent my book out to but the fact that they loved the world building and concept and that it was an editor from a big five company that sent took the time to send back a nice email is big! I got so close! It’s encouraging to know that a big five company could be even a little bit interested.

2.) 
Two big things happened this month!


I went to Birmingham, Alabama to see Rhett and Link in concert! Squee! I got there early so to kill time I went to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens and got to see the Vulcan Statue!




That night was the concert and it was amazing to see two guys I watch every morning in real life! They’re just as genuine in person and it was really fun to hear them sing live and the unexpected moments were fantastic as well.


Then since I got the VIP pass I got to go backstage and meet them! I got to hug them and take pictures and I even got a signed poster!!! 






Then later in the month I went down to Florida to go to the PROJECT: Magic Kingdom Hearts event and spontaneous trip to Animal Kingdom! You can read the whole account from Tuesday because there was just so much to say.





3.) I’m almost finished with All the Light We Cannot See and The Scent of Her Soul! I’m enjoying both books!


4.) I’ve gotten a new writing job over at CBR.com! I’ve been keeping it under wraps since I’m still in the trial period. ๐Ÿ˜… But for right now I’m an anime list writer and I’ve got three pieces up! 
Fullmetal Alchemist: 10 Hidden Details About The Main Characters Everyone Missed
Death Note: 10 Hidden Details About Ryuk Everyone Missed
Death Note: 10 Hilarious Logic Memes That Will Have You Crying

The Geeky Department:

1.) I finished the first season of Fruits Basket! I loved it so much!



2.) I’ve dabbled in Assassins Creed III and Okami but for right now they’re not seriously holding my interesting but I’m going to go back to them soon. I am loving Link’s Awakening which just released this month! It’s really cute!


3.) I also binged Amazon Prime’s Carnival Row. I love the worldbuilding and characters and music. Just why you gotta make it into another Game of Thrones? ๐Ÿ˜‘


4.) Since I’m working on my annual handmade Christmas presents I’m delving into finishing Naruto. 50 more episodes to go. ๐Ÿ˜‚


5.) I’ve been doing a lot of Pokรฉmon hunting and I’ve added some new ones to my Pokedex!












What I'm Going to Do:


1.) I’m still plodding along with my 10K a month goal so next month’s goal is 40K! I’m officially not doing NaNoWriMo this year. It’s just not going to work between me trying to finish Silver Hood and going to Canada for the majority of November


2.) 
Next month I don’t have a lot of plans. I am going to a belated Lunar Festival in Atlanta China Town and I’m going to the fair with my old friend. And hopefully, be enjoying the nice fall weather WHEN IT FINALLY GETS HERE!!!


3.) I’ll be reading And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie and Bloodspell by CJ Redwine!




4.) I’ll be having an Ace Attorney piece go up next month if not later this month for sure. And if I pass the trial period more CBR articles!


Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

Questions for Dina and Colleen Muir (Red Hood)!Writing Lessons from Video Games: Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright TrilogyA Book Review of the Gunslinger by Stephen King
A Book Review of the Gunslinger by Stephen King
Fictional Would You Rather Tag

Writing Pets 101
Disney/Fall Florida Trip 2019 Report!
Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


October 1: Language of Worlds - I'm going to be participating in Liv K. Fisher's latest edition of her link-up!


October 4: Writing Lessons from Fruits Basket - Fruits Basket is one of my favorite anime and I can't wait to share with you about the awesome writing!


October 8: A Book Review of the Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber - I've finally read this sci-fi novel that everyone's been raving about and I can't wait to share my thoughts with you!


October 11: On This Age of Nostalgia - Remakes and retellings are coming out left in write in Hollywood and in the literary world. Are they good or bad?


October 15: #WIPJoy September 2019 Recap - I participated in Bethany Jenning's infamous challenge in September and here's all that happened!


October 18: Still debating on the post for here. But I'll update when I know!


October 22: A Book Review of All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - This is a beautiful story and I can't wait to review it!


October 25: Keeping Morality in Fiction: What’s the Line Between Realistic and Gratuitous Fiction? - It's a big goal as storytellers to be as realistic as possible in our fiction, but can we go too far?


October 29: Monthly Wanderings: October 2019 - Like this but for October. ;)




Overall, I made some amazing unforgettable memories and I can’t wait for fall!



How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?


No comments:

Post a Comment