Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Monthly Wanderings: June 2020





This month has been better than the last ones. It was good to see family and friends after a long time and get progress in editing.


What I did:


1.) I’m over halfway into my edits for the Rose in the Wolf! 


2.) I got to visit my good friend Lyssa! We played Animal Crossing together, went out to a ramen restaurant, and watched the Witcher while eating Dickey Farms peach ice cream. Best ice cream in the south! She’s the first friend I’ve seen in months and it was just so nice to be with a friend in person. Webcamming isn’t the same.




My aunt passed away from cancer back in March and because COVID sucks we had to delay a memorial service until this month, so I went up to SC this past weekend for that and to see family and celebrate her life.




3.) I’ve finished the Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins and Scythe by Neil Shusterman! 





4.) I’m working on a sculpture for my friend’s birthday! It’s good to work with clay again. After she gets it I’ll show you guys pictures!


The Geeky Department:


1.) I’m still diligent with Animal Crossing! I’ve loved catching sharks this month haha!


2.) I’m also playing the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. I technically started it around Christmas but I just wasn’t getting into it. But now I’ve given it a second shot and I’m enjoying it. I could do with less content but I just really love Geralt. ❤️




3.) I’ve also started the Witcher Netflix show! Man, Henry Cavill nails Geralt so well it’s crazy.



4.) I’ve been playing RingFit Adventure pretty consistently! And I’m actually seeing results! Who says video games can’t be good for your health?!




What I'm Going to Do:

1.) I’m going to finish editing The Rose in the Wolf and send it off to my agent! 🤞🤞🤞


2.) There’s a possibility that I could be going to the beach but not totally sure and I’m also working on a super-secret mission. I can’t fulfill travel dreams right now so I’m working on other dreams I can do at home and hopefully, I can reveal this mission soon!


3.) I’m hoping to finish Lies by Michael Grant and The Awakened by Richard Spillman and start Gatekeepers by Robert Liparulo.




4.) I’m definitely going to finish my 
sculpture cause my friend’s birthday is in July haha.

Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

Book Review and Writing Lessons: Gone by Michael Grant
Writing Lessons from Video Games: Final Fantasy VII RemakeBook Review and Writing Lessons: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins

Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


July 3: Book Review and Writing Lessons: Hunger by Michael Grant - I've finished the sequel to Gone and man so much happened!

July 10: Writing Lessons from Movies: The Matrix Trilogy - Since I have way more free time on my hands, I decided to finally watch the Matrix trilogy. I watched the first one when I was a teen, but never watched the other two!

July 17: Book Review and Writing Lessons: The Door Within by Wayne Thomas Batson - A friend recommended this book to me, though I've heard of it since I was a kid!

July 24: Why I Opted Out of CBA Publishing - I'm going for mainstream publishing and I'm going to talk about why I made that decision.


July 31: Monthly Summary: July 2020 - Like this but for July. ;)




This month had its ups and downs emotionally. This year has just been insane and maybe there's still a sliver of hope that the latter half will be better. XD




How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?


You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment