Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Monthly Wanderings: April 2020






Am I the only one who feels like the last two months have felt like ten years? March was definitely a dark month, but it feels like hope started to come back into the world at the end of April. My state is beginning to open up along with others in the US, so maybe we're finally reaching the light side of this tunnel. 


What I did:


1.) I've reached over 50,000 words in the rewrite for The Rose in the Wolf which means I'm almost 3/4 of the way to reaching my goal of 80,000! I participated in CampNaNo this month and I'm definitely going to finish my 30,000-word goal!




2.) Welp April did not go how I wanted it to this year, but it still had some good highlights. I also took some time off this month to recenter and focus on writing cause mental health was nose-diving for me.

I turned 27 during the coronapocalypse (I'm so old) and I played Animal Crossing and went hiking to celebrate!


The other interesting thing I did was attend the Yall Stay at Home conference where I got to watch over Zoom with 90,000 other participants some of the world's best YA authors including Brandon Sanderson, Victoria Aveyard, and Ransom Riggs give advice about writing!


3.) I finished The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan and loved it! I'm also almost finished with Firstborn by Tosca Lee and Gone by Michael Grant the latter which I've been reading aloud with my bestie Cassia and having a told blast acting out characters.



The Geeky Department:


1.) Animal Crossing: New Horizons has just been life for me lately because it's just been such a relaxing retreat from our chaotic world. I've also been playing online with friends and it's been fun being to interact even if it's virtually.



2.) When I'm out of things to do in Animal Crossing, I play Final Fantasy VII, which besides the Wall Market (FF fans, you know what I'm talking about) is a very fun game and I just adore the characters.



3.) Because I went hiking I managed to get a few new Pokemon!




What I'm Going to Do:

1.) I'm going to finish my Rose in the Wolf draft and begin edits!


2.) MegaCon is supposed to be rescheduled to June so hopefully, be working on my cosplay as well as working.


3.) I'm going to start Scythe by Neil Schuster, Hunger by Michael Grant, and The Door Within by Wayne Thomas Baton!


4.) I may have a piece going up on Attack of the Fanboy.


Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...


A Book Review of Let the Ghosts Speak by Bryan Davis
Writing Lessons from Video Games: Final Fantasy X
ScribeTunes: Skirmish
Now I'm 27 ...
A Book Review of Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
A Book Review of The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
ScribeTunes: Chasing

Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


May and probably June I'm shortening my post schedule. I need more time to work on my book and I just need to lighten my schedule during this time. I'm praying things will just be on the uptick and I can get back to normal posting by July. 

May 8: Book Review and Writing Lessons: Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan - Loved this book! Can't wait to share my thoughts about it!

May 15: Writing Lessons from Ori and the Will of the Wisps - This was such a gorgeous book with beautiful writing!

May 22: Book Review and Writing Lessons: Firstborn by Tosca Lee - My thoughts on the second book of this duology!


May 29: Monthly Wanderings: May 2020 - Like this but for May!


Here's to a better month!




How was your month? What did you do? Are you and your family staying healthy? How's writing and reading going? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?


No comments:

Post a Comment