Friday, October 30, 2020

Monthly Wanderings: October 2020




October was kind of a weird month. The weather was great yet I was also stressed because I'm trying to figure out what my life is going to be like next week and sweet Momo got spayed and she's recovering, so it's been kinda weird. XD


What I did:


1.) I finished my revisions for my agent and sent them off! Then I also prepped for NaNo! 


2.) Well, the biggest news is that I'm preparing to go back to school next year! I don't have a college degree yet for reasons too complicated to explain, but I've decided that now's the best time to go back to school. I'll be starting at a tech college to get my AA hopefully next summer and then I'll be transferring to my state to get a bachelor's degree majoring in Journalism and minoring in Asian Studies!

In other news, I'm enjoying the wonderful fall weather and tomorrow I'm going to a Halloween bonfire at a friend's house. 


3.) I finished reading The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan, The Drawing of Three by Stephen King, and Within These Lines by Stephanie Morrill!


4.) I also did some polymer clay sculpting but I can't show any pics yet because they're for gifts haha!





The Geeky Department:


1.) I had a blast this month decorating my island with all sorts of Halloween-themed decor!

2.) I finished Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and Future Connected and I enjoyed them both! Such great games!



3.) I
'VE FINALLY FINISHED NARUTO! ALL 1000 EPISODES, GUYS!

4.) I discovered this awesome anime called The Promised Neverland and it's so good!!! I binged it all in one night. More about it in one of next month's posts!



5.) I watched Cells at Work! and it was a really cute funny educational anime. I feel like I got a crash course in microbiology haha!



What I'm Going to Do:


1.) I'm going to participate in NaNo and hopefully win this year haha!


2.) Regarding life, I'll enjoy the weather, eat lots of food on Thanksgiving, and prep for school some more.


3.) I'm hoping to finish The House of Hades by Rick Riordan and Reclaiming Shilo Snow by Mary Weber!


4.) I'll be doing more sculpting for Christmas presents!


5.) I should have a piece going up on HG101 soon.


Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...


Book Review and Writing Lessons: Gatekeepers by Robert Liparulo

Writing Lessons from Video Games: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Book Review and Writing Lessons: The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks

So Your Character is From Mongolia ... Featuring Jenny Sandiford

I'm Moving!

As of November 7th, I will be moving over to victoriagracehowell.com! There will also be a celebration for the launch day! Can't wait to see you on the new website!

Coming soon on the new site!

November 3: So Your Character is from Malta ... Featuring Charlene @ OnlyFortheBooks - I'm so happy to have Charlene on the blog to talk more about living in Malta! It's a country I've never known much about but she's given such insight in her post!

November 6: Book Review and Writing Lessons: The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan - I loved this book and can't wait to tell you guys about it!

November 7: New Site Celebration - I'll be officially moving over to victoriagracehowell.com and having a giveaway to celebrate! 

November 10: So Your Character is From Mexico 2 ... Featuring Ana Sofia - I love that the timing worked out for this to go up near Dia de Muertes because Ana Sofia is sharing some lovely insight on Mexican culture!

November 13: Writing Lessons from Anime: The Promised Neverland - This is one of the best animes I've seen recently and I can't wait to share what I've learned from it!

November 17: So Your Character is From Venezuela ... Featuring Alice @ aliceswritingstory - Alice was kind enough to give an honest interview about her communist home country.

November 20: Book Review and Writing Lessons: Within These Lines by Stephanie Morrill - I finally got to reading this book and honestly it was tough to review, but I hope you guys like the thoughts I have to share.

November 27: Monthly Wanderings: November 2020 - Like this but for November!



I hope your fall is going great and see you on the new website!


How was your month? What did you do? What fall activities did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?


No comments:

Post a Comment