Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Monthly Wanderings: September 2020

 


FALL IS HERE! It's a gamble her in Georgia if it's going to cool down or stay hot for another month. Kinda like reverse Groundhog Day ... But this year the weather has cooled down and it's been fabulous! Fall is in the air! AND I AM SO READY FOR IT!


What I did:

1.) My agent and I discussed doing just a few more revisions to the Rose in the Wolf before sending it out to publishers and working on prep for NaNo! I'm going to be finished with the revisions hopefully in the next week.


2.) Certainly, the most exciting thing that happened was visiting Yellowstone! I had a soul-refreshing time being out in nature and having new experiences in this amazing national park.

I also went tubing for Labor Day Weekend with my cousin which was loads of fun! I love this tubing place called the Cartecay River Experience and going down the rapids is a blast!


I also got to go apple picking with my family at Hillcrest Orchards! It was great to do a fun fall activity with people I care about and get 15 lbs. of apples for fall treats!




3.) I've finished the Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks ... finally!


4.) I meant to do some art this month, but it didn't happen. XD


The Geeky Department:


1.) I've been having a blast dressing up my Animal Crossing: New Horizons island with fall decorations. :D


2.) I'm still playing Xenoblade Chronicles. I took a little break earlier in the month haha. But I'm very much still enjoying it. 

3.) I've finally watched a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop! I've had a lot of people tell me to watch this show for years!

4.) I've watched several seasons of Call the Midwife years ago, but now I'm officially catching up. This show is so well-written!


5.) I also watched the Downton Abbey movie! It was great to see all of the lovely characters again.


What I'm Going to Do:


1.) I'm going to finish planning for NaNoWriMo while RITW is on submission!


2.) I'm planning to spend some time with a few local friends, including on Halloween. 


3.) I want to finish The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan and Within These Lines by Stephanie Morrill and start and finish Auxillary by John Richter. The publisher was generous enough to give me a copy of the last book to review! 


4.) I'm definitely getting onto some clay modeling next month!


5.) I should be having some pieces go up on various websites!


Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

Book Review and Writing Lessons: The Awakened by Richard Spillman

Yellowstone National Park 2020 Report

Writing Lessons from Video Games: The Gabriel Knight Trilogy

Book Review and Writing Lessons: Crooked House by Agatha Christie

Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


October 2: Book Review and Writing Lessons: Gatekeepers by Robert Liparulo - Can't wait to share my thoughts about this book with you guys!

October 9: Writing Lessons from Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - This is such a great game I had to write a post about it!

October 16: Book Review and Writing Lessons: The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks - I wanted to like this book, but honestly it's the worst book I've read in a while. 

October 23: So Your Character is From Mongolia ... - This series is back! At least for a limited time! I've found some lovely ladies on Instagram willing to join in with the project!

October 30: Monthly Summary: October 2020 - Like this but for October. ;)



Overall, September was the best month I've had since February. ^ ^



How was your month? What did you do? Are you enjoying fall? Have you gotten your first pumpkin spice latte yet or some other pumpkin spice treat? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?

You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment