Friday, June 19, 2015

Interview with Faol (Red Hood)




Me:
*sitting outside with my laptop in a chair* Hey, everybody! Today I'm interviewing Faol, a secondary character from my steampunk fantasy Red Hood. If you'd like to learn a bit about him before reading the interview, check out his bio. Thank you, everyone who submitted questions! These interviews really help me develop characters! If you'd like to get some tips about interviewing characters, I wrote a post all about it! Let's get to it! Good afternoon, Faol!

Faol: 
*is a giant eight and a half foot tall blue werewolf (see pic at bottom), has the voice of a middle-aged man* Good afternoon, Victoria.

Me:
Are you ready for your first ever interview, my friend?

Faol: 
Indeed. Mor and Dina have informed me much about this event. I have been looking forward to it.

Me:
Good good. All righty, first question is from Amy Covel: Faol! ^^ I have some questions! Can you talk like a human?

Faol: 
No impertinence meant, but obviously I can.

Me:
*snickers* The second question is from Andrea Salvador: Why is your name... your name? I'm curious.

Faol: 
An intriguing question. Lord Nzelt named me shortly after my creation. He takes pleasure in naming his werewolves.

Me:
The next question is from Elizabeth Hemingyway: Do you have a humanoid form or do you stay a wolf all of the time? P.S You look awesome either way.

Faol: 
*smiles* Well, thank you, Ms. Hemingway. You are very kind. To answer your question, I always stay a wolf. 

Me:
Here is another from Amy Covel: Are you the largest of your kind?

Faol: 
I am not. I am about the average height of a werewolf at eight and half feet tall. Some werewolves have grown up to twelve feet tall. 

Me:
This is new information to me. *writes that down* Okay next question is from Jessi Roberts: Does the full moon do anything to you?

Faol: 
No, it does not. Is there any particular reason why it would?

Me:
Other types of werewolves react to it.

Faol: 
I see. I am not in that category.

Me:
That I know. *smiles, pats his leg* Here is the last one from Andrea Salvador: Do you have any triggers that cause you to behave violently as a wolf?

Faol: 
Besides anger, no.

Me:
The next question is from Annika Smith: Does his mechanical leg detach or ever need repair?

Faol: 
It does actually need repair and occasional oiling. Sometimes it is damaged in battle. Concerning taking it off, that is only done if absolutely necessary since it is attached to my flesh. 

Me:
Also didn't know that. *writes that down too* The following two questions are both from Amy Covel: What do you love above all else?

Faol: 
*opens mouth to say something*

Me:
SPOILER! Moving on to the next one. What do you hate?

Faol: 
*lays ears back, raises the area where he would have eyebrows if he was a human, shakes head* I strongly dislike Nzelt and what he has done to Silfurlund and even his own country. 

Me:
Next question is from Annika Smith: Wow, poor Faol! How long was he working for Nzelt?

Faol: 
I appreciate your sympathy. I have been working for him since my creation so about ten years. 

Me:
This is one from Skye: You had me at werewolf. What is his biggest regret, and what is his biggest accomplishment? :)

Faol: 
My biggest regret is destroying a village close to one of the Red Hood borders. *ears droop, whines* It had women and children in it. *perks ears* On a lighter note, my largest accomplishment was breaking away from Nzelt's control. 

Me:
Jessi Robert's character wants to say a few words: My character Rolf wants to say deserting is a very brave thing to do. Thorn (One of my werewolves): I got exiled, so I can understand your situation, even if it's a bit different. Do you have any family? Is it hard, being separated from your pack?

Faol: 
It is difficult at times yet at the same time a relief. As soon as I broke control from Nzelt, being around other werewolves felt like being the only seeing being among the blind. I miss the comradery, but not the wrong doing.

Me:
Here is another from Annika Smith:  Is he being hunted down by Nzelt now that he's deserted? 

Faol: 
I am.

Me:
And the next two are from Amy Covel: What is your ultimate goal?

Faol: 
To assist the Red Hoods in winning the war against Isriki.

Me:
How do you plan to atone for what you have done?

Faol: 
The same answer as before applies, but I will expand more on this one. I have exclusive information they have never been able to gather from my side of the war and I plan to deliver it to them.

Me:
The last one is from Annika Smith: How does he intend to approach the Red Hoods without getting killed?

Faol: 
I haven't quite figured that one out yet. Approaching even one would be risking my life. I just have to pick which one I wish to attempt to talk to.

Me:
And that is all of the questions! What did you think of that Faol? 

Faol: 
It was enjoyable. My thanks to all of you lovely ladies for the questions.

Me:
I'm glad you enjoyed it! My thanks go out to everyone as well! If you'd like to learn more about Faol's book, check out my Beautiful Books posts! Also take a look at his fellow characters' interviews such as Mor or Claes's. I hope you enjoyed this one! And thanks for reading! Come back next month for Emil from my sci-fi novel Subsapien's interview!

My drawing on Faol.
What do you think of Faol? Do you have any further questions for him?

You may also like:

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)



4 comments:

  1. Oops! I meant to leave a question for Faol, but forgot. :/ But that's OK, because his interview turned out really well. I like how Faol is still sympathetic and honorable despite the horror he was forced to unleash on the world. Though I'm curious about what kind of long-term effects his past may have had on his psyche...


    Some of his kin can be 12 feet tall?? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw it's okay! I have these every month lol. I'm so glad you like him. He's one of my special boys. ^ ^

    Yep. They're monstrous. ;)

    Thank you for commenting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like him very articulate for a wolf, and her called us lovely ladies.
    His biggest regret was sad poor fella.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is. XD He's my special little werewolf boy. *hugs and squeezes him* Thanks for the interview questions and for commenting! :D

    ReplyDelete