Sunday, June 28, 2015

Soundtrack Sunday: Stroll Through the Sky (Howl's Moving Castle)




It's Soundtrack Sunday again! The day where I post awesome music to write to or just listen to for pleasure if you're a fellow soundtrack junkie. This month has unofficially become Studio Ghibli month lol. The week before last my cousins came over and we watched Howl's Moving Castle. I hadn't seen this movie in years and this rewatch rekindled my love for the film--and it's soundtrack. 

Unfortunately the soundtrack is so hard to find. YouTube has gone all Nazi on most of the tracks uploaded. This track managed to escape the purge. Though it is not my favorite it is awesome all the same. This piece perfectly captures the steampunk genre with classical instruments and a bit of a French twist. It's very whimsical and grandiose. Give it a listen and if you happen to find the soundtrack somewhere, please tell me! You can listen to more epic music in my Soundtrack Sundays YouTube playlist.


Have you heard this piece before? What do you think of it?

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)



2 comments:

  1. This soundtrack!!!! One of my very favorites from Studio Ghibli! Sometimes I play the movie just to hear the music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?! The music is so amazing. Also another hard to find one lol. What's your favorite piece from the soundtrack? Thanks for commenting! ^ ^

    ReplyDelete