Friday, October 16, 2015

Beautiful Books: Introduce Your Novel - Subsapien: Hybrid




I've been so excited for this post! I did Beautiful Books last year with Red Hood and it was so fun! To get in the know with that, check out Beautiful Books #1, #2, and #3! Beautiful Books is a link-up that goes on during NaNoWriMo to show the progress of writing during that time. Basically it's the time to show off your novels.

I'm again being a crazy person and doing NaNoWriMo for the second year in the row. I feel like I lost a few (more) marbles last year, but it truly is a great thing to get books written that you've been procrastinating on. This particular book I've had in my mind for around seven years and now it's finally going to get written! It is the third book of my four-book science-fiction series Subsapien called Hybrid! I'm so excited for NaNo this year because I'm writing with my awesome writing buddy Cassia from Dimensions of my Universe. She also helped me plot this book. So pumped! If you'd like to participate in the link-up check out Paper Fury and Further Up and Further In!

How did you come up with the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?
Like I said in the intro, I've had this book in my head for a long time. I came up for the idea as I was expanding on my Subsapien universe. I love writing series and I tend to think in them so this book came naturally to me as my ideas culminated. You can check out how I came up with the series idea in a post I did for the first book.

Why are you excited to write this novel?
Because I'm finally getting it out of my head! It's about time! So much awesomeness happens in this series. All of the events in the previous two books is coming to a head and it's paving the way for the final book of the series. There is action and emotion and creepiness and my characters I just want to hug and squeeze.

What is your novel about, and what is the title?
I mentioned the title above: Subsapien: Hybrid. The series is called Subsapien and the title of this book is Hybrid.

And here is what it's about (since this is the third book of the series I can't do official synopsis because it would be riddled with spoilers):

Subsapien: Hybrid is set in the future where Domes cover a small percentage of North and South America to protect the united continents from a gas outside them. Bryce and Matt are brothers with cheetah abilities given to them by the scientific company Rota Enterprises in labs where they've been raised all of their lives in cruel conditions.

In the first book, the boys were separated by the company and they've been trying to find each other in the first and second books of the series. Now they finally have the means to, but the company is making a move to reveal the purpose for their half animal creations to the world. This would effect them and their other subsapien friends--and could be an opportunity to stop the cruelty against their race.

Sum up your characters in one word each. (Feel free to add pictures!)
Subsapien: Hybrid has a lot of characters. Here are the biggest ones!

Bryce: Passionate (Check out his Beautiful People!)
Matt: Compassionate (Check out his character interview!)
Nox: Alone. (Character interview coming next month!)
(Nox is actually 13, but this is the closest pic of someone I could find who looks like him.
Just picture this dude as a young teen and that's Nox.)
Caleb Knight: Faithful (Check out his Beautiful People!)
Pro Jamerson: Feisty (Check out her character interview!) 
Cynara Parks: Longing (Check out her character interview!)
Izzy: Innocent
Ingrid: Kind (Check out her character interview!)
Emil: Loyal (Check out his character interview!)
Brian: Genius (Check out his Beautiful People!)
Ashlyn: Thief
Sting: Insane (Interview coming next week! Ask him some questions!)
Serra: Vacillating (Check out her character interview!) 
Able: Used (Check out his character interview!)
Judah Mitchell: Manipulative (Check out his character interview!)
Lio Syers: Hardened
Which character(s) do you think will be your favourite to write? Tell us about them!
Definitely Bryce and Matt. I love their brotherly bond. They're so close even though their so different in so many ways. They love each other very much and their devotion to one another is so inspiring to me. I just want to hug and squeeze them. ^ ^

What is your protagonist’s goal, and what stands in the way?
Bryce and Matt's goals are to find each other. Nox's goal is to get out of the labs and protect Izzy, the little girl he was entrusted to take care of. What gets in their way is mostly Rota Enterprises. The company wants to keep its little lab subjects in check so it uses some highly-skilled subsapiens to try to stop my main character subsapiens. You can meet one of those highly skilled subsapiens in his interview next Friday and if you'd like to ask him a question he's still up for a few more!

Where is your novel set? (Show us pictures if you have them!)
It is set in the United Americas (North America and South America combined) which is covered partially by Domes. The characters also go to a creepy abandoned lab, underground tunnels, the big capital city called the Prime Dome, and snowy mountains.


This sort of looks like the Domes but with a regular earth sky and no tower in the middle.
Creepy abandoned L.G.R. lab.
Underground city tunnels.
This is somewhat what the Prime Dome City looks like.
Rocky Mountains.
What is the most important relationship your character has?
Bryce and Matt have a strong brotherly relationship like mentioned before. Matt has an important relationship with God since he's a Christian. Nox has an important relationship with Izzy.

How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel?
Bryce's struggle throughout the book is dealing with his past demons and by the end of the book he finally conquers them. Matt struggle is can be a Christian even when people don't consider him human? And he eventually finds more assurance in his faith. Nox begins not wanting to become close to anyone because he's lost or been backstabbed by anyone he's ever cared about and the end he learns to have faith in friends again.

What themes are in your book? How do you want your readers to feel when the story is over?
I'm still unsure of the main themes yet. I usually discover those as I write the book. But I do want to leave the readers with ways to feel more confident in their faith.

The Subsapien series as a whole deals with the question: Who is human and who isn't? Is one life is more important than another? In society today, with things like abortion and euthanasia legalized, people have the power to determine an often helpless life as worthless. Many Subsapien characters are ones that were aborted, but survived. Subsapien's overall theme is all life is precious no matter who or what you are. I know this got really serious, but this is a topic I'm really passionate about. I'm not looking for an argument I'm just answering a question on this thing. XD

BONUS! Tell us your 3 best pieces of advice for others trying to write a book in a month.

1.) Plan. It's next to impossible to pants a book in one month. Believe me I've tried--and failed.

2.) Write in batches. 10 minute sprints are my best friend whether it's on my own or in word wars. Sometimes it's easy for one's mind to turn into mush (and for one's fingers to start killing them) if you're writing for an hour straight.

3.) Make a playlist. Having a playlist with music that fits your books is really inspiring. If you need some possible pieces for said playlist, check out my Soundtrack Sunday posts. ^ ^


Well that was fun. I'm really excited to let you all know about my Subsapien series. Happy NaNoWriMo!

Are you doing NaNoWriMo? Are you writing a novel? Are you participating in this link-up? Post your link in the comments so I can see!

You may also like:

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment