Friday, July 10, 2015

Beautiful People #11: Brian






It's time for this month's Beautiful People! Yay! This is a link-up hosted by Paperfury and Further Up and Further In where you answer questions about your characters. I participated in Beautiful People #1#2#3 and the villain special last year. And I've done Beautiful People Author EditionBeautiful People Valentine EditionBeautiful People #7Beautiful People Sibling EditionBeautiful People #9 and Beautiful People: Parental Edition. This link-up has been just so helpful with character development. 

Brian is a secondary character from my science fiction series Subsapien. I haven't done any sort of interview with him in years and he's felt a bit neglected so I'm doing his first Beautiful People with him today! If you'd like to participate in this link-up yourself, check out either Paperfury or Further Up and Further In to see how. Here we go!


He looks almost exactly like Asa Butterfield,
but with spiky gray hair.

1. What’s their favourite ice cream flavour?
Vanilla. He's picky.

2. Your character is getting ready for a night out. Where are they going? What are they wearing? Who will they be with?
He would probably go to listen to a theological seminar with Caleb (the only person he believes truly understands him who is also six years older than him).

3. Look at your character’s feet. Describe what you see there. Do they wear dress shoes, gym shoes, or none at all? Are they in socks that are ratty and full of holes? What do they consider comfortable and what do they consider agony?
Before he left the L.G.R.: he had grubby feet with no shoes and he has claws on his toes. After he leaves the L.G.R.: His feet are clean and in white socks and blue and red loafers. He prefers dress shoes, because he's nine, but wants to act like an adult businessman.

4. Do they have any birthmark or scars? Where are they and how did they get them?
Oh yeah lots and lots of scars. Since he was raised in a laboratory most of his life, he got many scars from all the experiments he's undergone especially from needles, surgeries, and claw marks from his fellow lab rats.

5. What kind of music do they listen to? Does it change depending on their mood or is it always consistent? (Feel free to share samples!)
He prefers classic. He believes it feeds his developing brain.


This is exactly what he looks like.

6. Do they have any musical talent? Play an instrument? How’s their singing voice?
Brian would die before he sang in front of anyone. He hasn't taken up an instrument, but if he did it would be violin.

7. What kind of book would you catch them reading?
All. Kinds. Especially adult books. Big physics books, science books, dictionaries, encyclopedias, classic novels, adult novels (some he shouldn't be reading, but he feels they make him feel like more of an adult) ...

8. How would they spend their summers (or their holidays)?
Before he got out of the L.G.R.: Nothing different than the usual tests and such. After he got out of the L.G.R.: Studying even more than he usually does.

9. It’s Saturday at noon. What is your character doing? Give details. Ex. If they’re eating breakfast, what’s on the menu? Are they hiking, shopping, lazing around?
He's probably studying or working on an invention or hanging out with Caleb.

10. Is there anything your character wants to be free of?
His memories of the L.G.R. Because he was so smart, the scientists performed a lot of experiments on his brain. He will often wake up screaming from the nightmares and Ingrid will have to comfort him for a half hour before he can go back to sleep. (That ended on a depressing note ... )



And that's a bit about Brian! If you'd like to know a bit more about him, check out his character interview and Voice Week! If you'd like to know more about his book, check out the My Books tab! Thanks for reading!


Did you participate in the Beautiful People? Are you planning to? If so let me see your posts in the comments!


If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


14 comments:

  1. Love his character picture, and he likes the violin I think we would get along :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like him! Do you play the violin? Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to ask what kind of grafting he was... But your picture answered it. ;) (Wolfie!)


    Poor Brian. He sounds like a good, studious kid, but I can't imagine the emotional wounds that his time at the lab have brought upon him. *gives Brian a hug*


    My BP post went up yesterday, btw. And don't forget Eva's interview on Sunday! She answered your questions. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee. ^ ^

    Awwww he hates hugs on the outside, but deep inside he needs them. XD

    I saw! It's on my to-read list lol. XD Thanks so much for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, this story sounds so fascinating! But poor Brian, he's heartbreaking. :( I agree with him on the ice cream. I'm boring and picky and will almost always choose plain ol' vanilla.

    I do hope you give this poor kid a happy ending. He needs one. I like him already! Actually, the moment I saw his face character was Asa Butterfield I was hooked. Love that kid! XD

    This was so much fun to read. Your story sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw I'm so glad you like him and his book! Yay another Asa Butterfield fan! What movies or shows have you seen them in? Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say, I dearly love vanilla icecream myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee hee. Thanks so much for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of a nine year old acting like an adult businessman!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha thanks. He tries so hard to be an adult. XD Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, poor little darling. *offers small pieces of delicious cake to Brian* And vanilla is a totally fabulous flavour, tbh, I concur with Brian on this.
    Yay and thanks for joining in!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hee hee! He will enjoy the cake, secretly, because you know he can't act like a kid. ;)

    My pleasure! Your link-up has helped me find so many other blogs! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor little guy... He seems tough, but I'll bet he has a soft, sweet center in there somewhere!! :) Awesome Answers!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. He does have one buried deep, deep down in his little heart haha. Thanks and thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete