Friday, December 8, 2017

#MyFirstPostRevisited Blog Hop





The lovely Sara @ Sara Letourneau's Website and Blog tagged me to participate in this hop. And I feel like it appropriate for an end of the year tag, so let's look at my first blog posts ever and try not to cringe. XD Thank you, Sara, for tagging me!



Les Rules:

  • No cheating. You must highlight your first post. Not your second post, not one you love… the first post only.
  • Link back to the person who tagged you (thank them if you feel like it or, if not, curse them with a plague of ladybugs).
  • Cut and paste your old post into a new post or reblog your own bad self. (Either way is fine, but NO editing.)
  • Put the hashtag #MyFirstPostRevisited in your title.
  • Tag five (5) other bloggers to take up this challenge.
  • Notify your tags in the comment section of their blog (don’t just hope they notice a pingback somewhere in their spam).
  • Feel free to cut and paste the badge to use in your post.
  • Include “the rules” in your post.
  • Completely silly rules that I’m making up as I type:
  • Write your post while wolfing down your favorite dessert.
  • Do 10 cartwheels after you hit “Publish.”


The Blog Post:


Sunday, July 8, 2012


Interview with Bryce (Subsapien)

Bryce (Subsapien)


Me: 
Hey, all! This is my first blog post and I'm going to kick-start my new blog with an interview with one of my protagonists from my work in progress science-fiction series, Subsapien


Bryce:
*walks past the door to the interview room with a bag of beef jerky*


Me:
Hey! Bryce, where are you going? *runs out of the room into the hall*

Bryce:
This is stupid. I don't wanna do this.

Me:
*drags him into the room by the arm, sits him down on the interview chair* It's not stupid. It'll take five minutes.


Bryce:
*rips off a piece of beef jerky, twitches cheetah tail* Whatever.

Me:
*sits down in a chair opposite to him* So tell us about yourself. All we know about you as of now is that you like jerky and look like Zac Efron.

Bryce:
*almost chokes on beef jerky* I look like who? Gimme that laptop. *turns laptop sitting on my lap towards him* You are not posting that. That norm looks like a pansy.

Me:
*pushes him off* He does not. *sighs to regain cool* Why don't you tell us what a norm is?

Bryce:
*huffs* Anyone who ain't a grafting.

Me:
And what's a grafting?

Bryce:
*mouth full of jerky* A kid that was grafted with animal DNA. Can I leave now?

Me:
*rubs eyes* Two more questions and you can leave. What is your world like?

Bryce:
Stupid and rough.

Me:
Can you explain a little more?

Bryce:
There are lots of labs, grens, black-jackets, and domes. *gets up* That was two questions. Bye.

Me:
Wait! That other question didn't count!

Bryce:
*leaves*

Me: 
Well, that's all I'm getting out of him right now. If you have any questions for Bryce comment below and I will try to pin him down again. Subscribe to be notified about the upcoming interview with my second protagonist, Caleb Heagen; sample chapters; and more. You can check out more about Bryce's book in current projects, his book's Pinterest board, pictures I've drawn for the book on deviantART and fan art on my Facebook page. Thanks for reading. ^ ^

My Thoughts: I didn't have a certain direction for my blog way back when. I just knew blogging seemed like a good idea to establish my platform as an author and everyone on Go Teen Writers seemed to have one, so I decided to follow the masses, haha. Because I wasn't published, I didn't think myself worthy to give out writing advice, so I decided I just was going to post interviews with my characters. 

Later on, it grew to interviews and life updates then I finally gained the confidence to start posting writing tips. No, they weren't the greatest at first, but as I've grown as a writer my tips have gotten better. I've started going with the "see a need, fill a need" (ten points if you get that reference) kind of mind space. I keep an eye on the blogging community and when I don't see posts about things I wish there were posts about, I write the post. That's where posts like Henchmen 101, Writing Accents with Milo Thatch, and How Can Characters be Powerful If They're Not Real? sprouted from. And it's worked out pretty well for me so far.

I also learned about bloggy things like promoting on other forms of social media, guest posting, being consistent, knowing your audience, replying to comments, and commenting on other people's stuff. I definitely didn't feel like I got the most out of the blogging community until I went out of my little corner of the internet and visited other blogs. 

I've also loved that I feel like I can express myself on my blog. It's become a safe place for me. It's amazing how you people many of whom I've never met in person actually care about things like my cosplays, where I travel, my drawings, and my books in general. It makes me feel loved. I flaunt my geeky side in just about every post I write and I feel like I'm not going to be called weird here or put down for my interests. I even talk about my mental health sometimes and I feel like I'm not shamed or put down for not "being able to control my emotions." I feel like I'm among my people. 

So long rant over. I've grown a lot since writing that character interview with Bryce (who's still one of my favorite characters I've ever written by the way), but this is the post that started it all (now I'm thinking of a really old ad for Snow White and the Seven Dwarves), so I'm happy I took that step to boldy go where no girl from a tiny town in Georgia has gone before.

Les Nominees:
Tracey @ Adventure Awaits
Christine @ Musings of an Elf
Erin @ Acoustic Erin
Melissa @ Quill Pen Writer
Liz Brooks @ Out of Coffee Out of Mind

Have you done any of these tags? What are some of your answers to these questions? 

You may also like:

The Mystery Blogger Award & The Sunshine Blogger Tag
This is my Genre, Now Tell me Yours Book Tag & I Write YA and MG Tag
Read Rewrite Burn Tag & Bookish Lover Tag 
Small is Beautiful, Inspire Me, and Blogger Recognition Tags! 

No comments:

Post a Comment