Friday, March 9, 2018

The Bibliophile Sweater Tag





It is regrettably not sweater weather right now, but I'm hoping maybe this tag will make good vibes, so cool weather will cometh! Stay back, summer! *pokes sword at the season* It's too soon!




Les Rules:

  • Give the person who tagged you a never-ending supply of cookies (or just thank them - either work)
  • Answer all the questions and use the blog graphic for this tag somewhere in your post 
  • Pass along the tag to at least five other people
  • Wear a sweater (okay, this is optional...but why wouldn't you want to??)

Fuzzy sweater (a book that is the epitome of comfort)


The Tale of Peter Rabbit 
by Beatrix Potter




Any story by Beatrix Potter is a comfort, but this one, in particular, I have fond memories reading over and over again throughout my childhood. ... And I really don't appreciate Hollywood trying to ruin it.

Striped sweater (book which you devoured every line of)

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
by Ransom Riggs



I would say The Hunger Games but I don't want to copy Christine ;), but I also devoured every line of Miss Peregrine's. It's such a fascinating story and I love the old photos included.


Ugly Christmas sweater (book with a weird cover)


Out of the Silent Planet
by C.S. Lewis



Every cover I find of this book is a little weird. The images in this particular cover are relevant, but the composition is lacking which makes all of the pieces look random.


Cashmere sweater (most expensive book you've bought)


The Circle series
by Ted Dekker



This is a big freaking omnibus and it cost me like $30. It's like 3 inches thick.


Hoodie (favorite classic book)

A Wrinkle in Time
by Madeleine L'Engle





I'm a HUGE fan of this series. I've read all of the books and I've seen the old Disney TV film which I love, but I didn't like the new one. The older version and the book are so much better.

Cardigan (book that you bought on impulse)

Shadow and Bone
by Leigh Bardugo 


I didn't buy this book, but I saw it on the shelf at the library and promptly started reading it and I'm totally hooked on the series. Leigh Bardugo has become one of my favorite writers.



Turtleneck sweater (book from your childhood)

Winnie-the-Pooh 
by A.A. Milne



My mom called me Pooh affectionately as a child, because I'm so much like him. I love his stories and he's my spirit animal.

Homemade knitted sweater (book that is Indie-published)

Reapers 
by Bryan Davis


Mr. Davis couldn't get this published traditionally so he pulled all the strings he's gathered by being traditionally published and published this book himself. It's high quality and the cover is really cool.


V-neck sweater (book that did not meet your expectations)

The Raven Boys 
by Maggie Stiefvater





There was so much hype about this book across the blogosphere that I bought it as soon as I could. I read it and ... it just is not my thing. The character development is very good, but the plot was sorely lacking and I need me some plot.


Argyle sweater (book with a unique format)

Illuminae
by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff




I wasn't too crazy about this book, but I do commend the authors for trying this crazy formatting to tell a story.


Polka dot sweater (a book with well-rounded characters)

The Lost Hero 
by Rick Riordan



I thought all three of the main characters were very well fleshed-out in this book. I felt like they were my good friends by the end.

Les Nominees:
1.) Anna @ The Story Scientist
2.) Melissa @ Quill Pen Writer
3.) Sky @ Ink Castles
4.) Keturah @ Keturah's Corner
5.) Deborah @ The Road of a Writer



Have you done this tag? What are some of your answers? What is the first book you remember reading during your childhood?

You may also like:


No comments:

Post a Comment