Sunday, June 12, 2016

Writerly Bundle #19: Celerity, Denkousekka (Lightning Speed), & Youthberry Wild Orange Blossom






Welcome to this week's Writerly Bundle! A post where I hope to inspire you with three of the world's greatest things: music, words, and tea.

I'd definitely say this tea carries the power of youth hence why I'm theming it after our beloved Gai-Sensei or as Naruto calls him Bushier-Brow-Sensei!

The Word:

celerity
noun
1.) swiftness; speed.

Example Sentence: If anything Gai-Sensei values, it's speed.


The Song:
"Denkousekka (Lightning Speed)"
from the Naruto Shippuden soundtrack
by Takanashi Yasuharu

Naruto Shippuden has one of my favorite soundtracks. It has such energy and emotion and keeps the Asian flavor of the show. Like the title implies this is a very fast and energetic piece, but it also carries a lot of suspenseful notes. This is a piece used often during dire missions and battles when speed is the essence to win. The strings are very strong in this piece and give an all around sense of urgency. This song is perfect for writing a scene across genres where the characters are pressed for time.



The Tea:

Youthberry Wild Orange Blossom 


This blend combines Youthberry white tea with Wild Orange Blossom herbal tea for an explosion of pineapple citrus flavor. With the added punch of acai, red currants, and mango, this blend is sure to please the palate.

How I found it: When the Teavana at my mall started serving their teas at their shop, I decided to try one and I got Youthberry Wild Orange Blossom. I've been hooked ever since! It's my tradition to get one when I go to the mall.

The Tea: I believe this tea definitely has the power of youth and I could see Gai drinking this every morning before his work out. It has a perfect balance of tropical tartness and berry sweetness. I've had this tea both hot and cold and I love it both ways. The tartness comes from the orange pieces, hibiscus, red currants, and rose hips, while the sweetness comes from the apple, beetroot, acai, candied pineapple, and candied mango. It's a perfect mix that's both refreshing and invigorating. 

Gai approves this message.
Serving Recommendations: I like this tea iced and with some delicious rock sugar! Optimal steep time is 175 F for 2 minutes. 

How much is it and where can you get it? You can find Youthberry Wild Orange Blossom tea in any Teavana or Starbucks or online at the Teavana website for $9.98 for 2 oz. or you can do like I do and get it iced for you for about $5 for a big cup of it. 

So how good is it? I get this tea almost every time I go to the mall so I'd say it's pretty awesome. Five stars!


Have you seen or used this word before? Have you heard this piece before? Have you seen or read Naruto Shippuden? Have you tried this tea? 


If you liked this post, come back every other Tuesday for book reviews; Friday for tags, character interviews, and link-ups; Saturdays for writing advice and life updates; and Sundays for the Writerly Bundle which includes a new soundtrack piece, vocabulary word, and tea review!

No comments:

Post a Comment