Saturday, July 21, 2018

The Get to Know Me Tag {Writer's Edition}




I'm going through some of these tags and giving my brain a rest from writing posts for the moment, but maybe you'll find some kind of advice in this post. I don't know. XD But anyway thank you, Christine @ Musings of an Elf, for tagging me!





Les Rules:

  • Link back to the person who created the tag
  • Thank the person who tagged you
  • Share the tag graphic (Optional, but of course I wanted to because Savannah’s graphics are gorgeous.)
  • Tag eleven bloggers

Les Questions:

Vital Stats And Appearance

Name: Victoria Grace Howell (My legal last name is Tucker, but I prefer Howell and it's my pen name.)

Nicknames: Tori. My cousins have always called me that growing up and also my close friends. I really like it because it also means "bird" in Japanese. I often sign my name Tori with a simple bird for the dot on the I. My mom calls me Grace or Gracie. She's the only one who does that. When she doesn't it's weird. XD

I've also been called V and Vic, though I don't prefer them. I HATE VICKIE! I'm not a Vickie okay? It just does not go with my personality. I literally flinch when people list that as a suggestion when they ask if I have a nickname. XD People that I'm not buddy-buddy with always call me Victoria. I just prefer that. I'm kinda protective about people calling me Tori because I feel like Victoria and Tori are two different personas of mine: professional and casual. This got long and complicated. XD

Birthday: April 6th. I love my b-day. ^ ^

Hair color and length: I'm blonde but I dyed my hair well blonder because I like it that way and it's long. I've had my hair referred to as my lion's man.

Eye color: Blue.

Braces/piercings/tattoos: I've got lots of ear piercings I have double piercings and one cartilage. I love my piercings. I like to mix and match my earrings.

Righty or Lefty: Lefty for the win!

Ethnicity: Caucasian. I'm a mix of German, French, Welsh, Swedish, Dutch, and Polish. All the pale people. XD

Firsts

First novel written: I wrote a partially illustrated book called John and His Adventures a very stereotypical fairy tale about a boy raised by shepherds who has a destiny to defeat a horned man.

First novel completed: My first one was called Aladyne which was a total knock-off of King's Quest III and was about 25K and I wrote it when I was eleven. The only differences where there were pegusi and gnomes. XD

Award for writing: My first award ever was third place for a back cover copy, but that wasn't that great. My bigger ones were the Believer's Choice Award for Red Hood which I got $200 bucks for and Young Writer of the Year at the Florida Christian Writers Conference.

First publication: A flash fiction called "The Seven Swans of Salem" in Splickety Havok's Fairy Tales: Unfettered issue. :)

Conference: I've been to ... nine conferences at this point. I attended the Florida Christian Writers Conferences for six years in a row and then I've attended Realm Makers for three years in St. Louis, Philadelphia, and Reno respectively. I'll be attending the Iceland Writers Retreat next year if all goes well. ^ ^ A great tenth.

Query/Pitch: I haven't queried but I've pitched in person at conferences lots of times. All rejections eventually but I've done it with three novels.

Favorites

Novel (that you wrote): My Subsapien series. I just have a really big bond with the characters. I probably need to rewrite it for the umpteenth time but it's just one of those stories that have been with me through thick and thin.

Genre: Either fantasy or sci-fi. It's really hard to choose. 

Author: Besides the big two (C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien), I really like Jill Williamson, Ryan Graudin, Leigh Bardugo, Victoria Aveyard, Patrick Ness, Ransom Riggs, and Sarah J. Maas.

Writing Music: Instrumental soundtracks. Some favorites are Skyrim, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Guilty Crown.

Time To Write: Nighttime definitely.

Writing Snack/Drink: Tea, water, a novelty soda, or basil lemonade for drinks. For snacks, I like finger foods that don't get my hands messy like fruit and cheese.

Movie: My top three favorite movie series of all time are The Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games, and then A Quiet Place.

Writing Memory: My first writers conference because I discovered I'm not alone as a writer.

Childhood Book: Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter.

Currently

Reading: At the time of writing this post, I'm reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling and Never to Live by Just B. Jordan.

Writing: I'm finishing up writing a book proposal then I'm going to work on the sequel to Red Hood called Silver Hood. 

Listening to: At the time of writing this post, I'm listening to "NC17" from Terror on Resonance.


Watching: At the time of writing this post, I'm actually listening to a lot of the Critical Role podcast because I have a semi-long drive for work and it helps the time go by.

Learning: I'm learning ways I can still stay productive with two out of the house jobs. During one of my jobs I have downtime when it's slow, so during that time I can work on blog posts, social media managing, and reading novels or other people's blog posts. So I can still keep up my commitments while also making the extra money I need.

Future

Want To Be Published: It's my dream to be a published novelist as a full-time job.

Indie or Traditional: Traditional definitely. I want the marketing and distribution leg-up.

Wildest Goal: To travel to different countries as a published author, to do book tours abroad in Canada, Europe, and beyond. It'd also be amazing to have my books turned into movies or Netflix series or even animes. ^ ^

Les Nominees:
Anna @ The Story Scientist
Rachel @ R's Loft
Melissa @ Quill Pen Writer

Have you done this tag? What are some of your answers? What is your favorite musical genre?


No comments:

Post a Comment