Friday, August 30, 2019

Monthly Wandererings: August 2019





August took a lot of unexpected turns and honestly, August is usually my least favorite month of the year because I'm sick and tired of the heat by now, but it had some good highlights.



What I did:


1.) I've reached 20K in my third draft of Silver Hood! Progress is slogging along, but it's happening slowly but surely.


My agent hasn't heard back from publishers yet, but I rather wait then get a fast rejection. They could still be considering my book! I hope ... Heh heh ... heh........

2.) I did not expect to be traveling this month, but I had to take an abrupt trip down to Miami because my grandmother passed away. We knew this was coming, but it was still sad to lose my family's patriarch. It had some good memories with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. I just wish it could have been under better circumstances. Because of my grandmother's passing, there's no draw down to Miami. I've had a lot of memories there partially since I used to live there and it's sad that I'll be saying goodbye to the city for at least a while.







3.) I've finished the Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber and the Gunslinger by Stephen King!



4.) I finished my blog header for my new website (which will be live one of these days)!



5.) My I Am Mother piece is up on Think Christian!


The Geeky Department:


1.) I've finished the Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright Trilogy! I really enjoyed it. All of the mysteries were original and unpredictable!




2.) I finished season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale. I feel like it's getting a little drawn out at this point ... I kinda hope the next season is the last so they don't stretch out until it's no longer good.



3.) I've been playing Ace Attorney so much that I haven't gotten much farther in Fruits Basket, but I'm still really enjoying it. ^ ^



4.) And I've been at it with Pokemon GO! I've got some new Pokemon Evolved!








What I'm Going to Do:


1.) I want to make at least 30K next month!


Next month is also when I usually start prepping for NaNo, but because of my slow progress with Silver Hood, I'm not sure if I'm going to do it this year. I don't want to stop in the middle of this and start another book and I'm not sure if I'll have enough words left to do NaNo by that time and I don't want to halt progress.

2.) I've got two very exciting things planned for next month! 


I'm going to see Rhett and Link live in concert in Birmingham, AL! I'm so excited! I watch Good Mythical Morning every day and I adore these two guys. I even got a VIP ticket so I could meet them in person!

The second thing is I'm going to Disney World to participate in Project Magic Kingdom Hearts! I'll be cosplaying as Namine and hanging out with 200 Kingdom Hearts cosplayers! The rest of the weekend will be spent hanging out with friends. ^ ^

3.) I'm going to read All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr and The Scent of Her Soul by B. Allen Davis!



4.) I may try to do some drawing next month, but I'm not sure ...

5.) I should be having a piece about Ace Attorney going up on Think Christian hopefully and even one about Fullmetal Alchemist on another site! (More on that at a later time.)


Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

Attack on Titan and Mystery: How to Keep Your Readers Turning Pages (Or Clicking on the Next Episode)Questions for Gunn (Silver Hood)!
Writing Lessons from Anime: Attack on Titan
Interview with Gunn (Silver Hood)!
How Writing Chapter Summaries Can Help With Editing
Language of Worlds July-August 2019 Edition!

Keeping Morality in Fiction: Are We Tired of Good Characters and the Good Winning?

Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


October 3: Questions for Dina and Colleen (Red Hood)! - I'm doing another dual interview since these are popular! And this one is with two sisters!

October 6: Writing Lessons from Video Games: Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Trilogy - This was a great video! I never thought I'd like a game about lawyers but it was super fun!

October 10: A Book Review of The Gunslinger by Stephen King - My thoughts on my first Stephen King novel!

October 13:  Fictional Would You Rather Tag - Melody Personette tagged me for this and it looks like so much fun!

October 17: Interview with Dina and Colleen (Red Hood)! - Their interview will be up on this day!

October 20: Writing Pets 101 - There are good ways and bad ways to write pets into stories, especially in spec fic. Pets can be great or annoying. In this post, I'm talking about writing pets into your story that will enhance it and not hamper it.

October 24: Disney/Florida Fall 2019 Report - I'll be telling all about my Disney adventures!


October 27: Monthly Wanderings: September 2019 - Like this but for September. ;)



Overall, this was an interesting month! 



How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts? Do you play Pokemon GO? Have you played Ace Attorney or seen Fruits Basket?



You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment