Friday, January 31, 2020

Monthly Wanderings: January 2020





January has been a pretty good month. I've been working on my late New Years' resolution of going greener with recycling and reusable bags. There's been some stress at work, but writing has been going extremely well and something happened that I did not at all expect to start off 2020. 



What I did:


1.) Writing has gone really well this month. I've successfully rewritten the first five chapters of Red Hood and I'm currently working on edits!


2.) I got to join the Georgia March for Life. I'm a huge supporter of the pro-life movement seeing as I was adopted from a young mother. This is the largest march I've been to and it was an honor to stand for the lives of the unborn.








Well big news guys, I've got my first boyfriend ever! I'll be updating with a pic of him tomorrow since I forgot to take one during our first date last Saturday because I'm so used to not wanting to remember any date I've been on. XD But his name is Ty and that's his hand up in the header image! He's a nerd, so kind, and loves God and I'm so happy God brought him into my life. ^ ^ We had our first date at the Atlanta Chinese New Year Festival!



Lion dance!

Flowers Ty gave me. ^ ^

Dragon Dance!

3.) I finished Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young and The Lost Causes of Bleak Creek by Rhett and Link and I'm currently reading The Progeny by Tosca Lee and The Queen's Resistance by Rebecca Ross. 

4.) I've picked up some writing gigs at Culture Eater and HG101! I'm excited for them to go up in the coming months!




The Geeky Department:

1.) I got to meet Andrew Rea aka Binging with Babish! :D I've been watching his cooking vids for years and it was so cool to see him in person in Atlanta!




2.) I've been playing and dabbling in several games this month. I tried The Witcher: Wild Hunt and Final Fantasy XII but they were just not sticking with me so moved to Shadow of War which almost has a five-star rating if the last portion of the game didn't drag so much that I ended up just watching the YouTube vid of the last cutscene. I finished Child of Light which I started way back in November before Horizon came into my life and swept me off my feet. It was pretty good. I need to like reread the plot because I forgot some of it in two months. Now I'm currently playing No Ni Kuni: The Wrath of the White Witch!



3.) I'm hard at work on my Tamaki Amajiki cosplay which I've been chronicling on Instagram and building armor for him! I've gotten some great progress! 





4.) I've finally seen The Mandalorian! I really enjoyed it. I think it's one of my favorite Star Wars stories! I've always liked the Mandos and it's so cool to see a whole plot centered around them.

My Hero Academia has been a punch in the feels and I'm currently obsessing over "Might*U" by Makayla Phillips from the show. 



5.) I haven't been able to do as much Pokemon GO hunting as I would like because the weather has sucked all month. -_- But I've got a few new ones.






What I'm Going to Do:

1.) I'm going to finish editing my Red Hood chapters then send them off to betas! :D Pre-thank you to everyone who said yes to my request for your time! While they're looking at them, I'll be revising my proposal and working on Silver Hood.


2.) I'M GOING TO THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER! My sweet friend Cadi got tickets for me, Amy, and Casey so we're going to have an amazing day in the world of magic!


3.) I'll be reading Firstborn by Tosca Lee and Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson!


4.) I'll have a review of Sonic the Hedgehog up on Culture Eater!


Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...
Why Retconning is a Writer's Deadliest SinIntroducing ScribeTunes - Peaceful
A Book Review of The Blood Spell by C.J. Redwine
Writing Lessons from Video Games: Forgotton Anne
ScribeTunes: Soft Tension

Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


February 4: A Book Review of Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman - I loved this book and now I'm going to rant about how much I love it.

February 7: <3 font="">Writing Lessons from ??? - Still debating on this month's Writing Lessons, but I will come up with something cool lol.

February 11: The Lament and Revelations of a Christian Geek - My rant about how I love Christianity but I can't stand the Christian culture, how it's hurt my walk with God and how I've thrived in my faith after I distanced myself from the stereotypical Christian church.

February 14: ScribeTunes: Romance - Another ScribeTunes is coming up and this is just in time for Valentine's Day! This playlist will include pieces for kissy-kissy butterflies in stomach scenes.

February 18: Florida Trip Winter 2019 - A full summary of my trip for Florida and adventures in the Wizarding World!

February 21: A Book Review of Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young - I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to talk about it!

February 25: ScribeTunes: Tragedy - Another playlist coming your way! This one will be for the saddest moments your character will experience: deaths, burnt homes, all of the things that bring tears.


February 28: Monthly Wandererings: February 2020 - Like this but for February. ;)



My world was definitely rocked with Ty coming into my life. I'm looking forward to seeing what else 2020 has in store for me! And if you want biweekly life updates and snippets of my writing sign up for my mail list!


How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?



You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment