Friday, May 29, 2020

Monthly Wanderings: May 2020






May has been a much brighter month than the last two. Things are feeling almost normal here in Georgia and hopefully, by Fall we'll be past this thing. 


What I did:


1.) I finished my draft of The Rose in the Wolf at 73,000 words! I'm now in stage one of two of my edits! I'm hoping to boost the word count up a bit more. I'm looking for some betas for final stage edits. That means any typos, sentences that feel a little off, or inconsistencies like if I said there were four roses on one page and only three on another. I'd send out the chapters on June 15th and would need them back by July 15th. It's very important that this deadline is adhered to because I'm trying to get this back to my agent so it's on submission during the summer season! If you're interested, fill out this form!




2.) I got to visit family over Memorial Day Weekend in South Carolina! We had a gender reveal party for my cousin, went hiking at DuPont State Forest in North Carolina, had a neighborhood water balloon fight, and just enjoyed each other's company. It was exhausting but it was refreshing to be with family again. I'd missed them so much and for a weekend things felt normal. 







3.) I finished The Door Within by Wayne Thomas Batson!




The Geeky Department:


1.) Animal Crossing: New Horizons has been my solace. It's been relaxing and fun to play a happy simple game with adorable animals. 



 2.) I finished Final Fantasy VII! I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next part to come out!



3.) I finally watched The Matrix trilogy. I'd seen the first one in my teens but never saw the other two. The first one was by far the best. The other two had some good parts but well, I would have handled the ending differently. Neo, Trinity, and Morpheus are the best though!



What I'm Going to Do:

1.) I'm going to work on editing The Rose in the Wolf. I'd like to get halfway finished with editing it in June but we'll see how that goes. 


2.) Well, all of my plans are getting steadily canceled for the whole year, but I hope I can at least visit my old friend two hours away from me. I officially hate 2020. -_-


3.) I'm going to be reading The Watcher in the Woods by Robert Liparulo and The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins!! I'm also reading Hunger by Michael Grant with Cassia. 





Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

Book Review and Writing Lessons: The Son of Neptune by Rick RiordanWriting Lessons from Video Games: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Book Review and Writing Lessons: Firstborn by Tosca Lee

Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


June 5: Book Review and Writing Lessons of Gone by Michael Grant - I read this book with my friend Cassia and it was a wild ride and it was great making memories while reading it. ^ ^

June 12: Writing lessons from Video Games: Final Fantasy VII - I've really enjoyed this remake of a classic! The characters and plot are just so good and I can't wait to share what I've learned from it!

June 19: Book Review and Writing Lessons of The Door Within by Wayne Thomas Batson - Not a terrible read, but it just didn't appeal to my age group unlike other Middle-Grade books like Percy Jackson that cross over all ages.

June 26: Monthly Summary: June 2020 - Like this but for June.

I also may sneak in a post about The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes and another discussion post!



The world is feeling a bit more hopeful. I'm praying things will get back to normal soon! If you're interested in bi-weekly updates with exclusive writing snippets and tips sign up for my mailing list. Thank you everyone for your support! I appreciate you all!


How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?


You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment