Friday, May 22, 2015

The 777 Writing Challenge





Here is yet another tag Adriana Gabrielle has tagged me I'm finally getting to lol. This is why I needed the Friday posting day.

Le Rules:

The 777 challenge requires you go to Page 7 of your work-in-progress(wether writing or editing), scroll down to Line 7 and share the next 7 lines in a blog post. Once you have done this, you can tag 7 other bloggers to do the same with their work-in-progress.

And to double the fun I'm going to take an excerpt from both Red Hood (steampunk fantasy) and Subsapien Biomech (science-fiction). (The italics makes the lines look too long, but I assure you it's seven lines lol.)


Red Hood:


Annette sat on the ground, clutching her leg and holding back sobs. Blood poured from the butchered flesh. Suna fought a werewolf with her twin sabers, and the hounds still bit and scratched at the others—but one lay in a pool of its own fluids, motionless. Some of the werewolves tried to reach the log, but Dina and Oske kept firing.


Mor jerked out her blood and ooze-coated axe as Suna finished off the werewolf. They were getting overwhelmed. No. They could handle this. They would keep them back. “Suna, get Annette to safety!”



She nodded and hurried over to them.


If you'd like to know more about Red Hood check out the Beautiful Books link up Part one, two, and, three, and Claes and Mor's interviews!


Subsapien Biomech:


Soon he could hear footsteps, then five graftings ran into Bryce’s section of the maze. They were as tall as Emil, at least six feet each. All of them had wings and tails and other animals parts from all of the different kinds of graftings. They all only wore hospital pants except the one female who wore a bra too. 


Their eyes were either black from their dilated pupils or constricted until their pupils were just a slit. Their teeth were bared, their tails swished, their wings were spread aggressively, claws out and the line of hair going up their backs standing on end. They approached Bryce slowly. 



They were going to kill him.


If you'd like to know more about Subsapien Biomech, check out a tag about it as well as Bryce, Caleb, Pro, Cynara, Judah, Able, and Matt's interviews. ^ ^


The seven souls doomed to be tagged:
Cassidy Clayton @ The Wanderings (And Wonderings) of a Wildheart
Deborah O'Carroll @ The Road of a Writer
Samantha Smith @ Snow White
Cassia Taylor @ Dimensions of My Universe
Leah K. Oxendine @ Apassionata
Storyteller SilverLoom @ Storyyeller A Writers Journey
Tracy Dyck @ Tracy Dyck Adventure Awaits


And that's it! I hope you enjoyed a little sneak peek of my stories and thank you for reading! Have you done this tag before? What are some short excerpts from your stories?


8 comments:

  1. (Yay, I finally figured out my Disqus profile!)
    Ooh, neat snippets here! How'd you manage to land on such action-packed stuff? I especially like the term "graftings." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!
    Thanks. ^ ^ I don't know. I happened to be lucky enough to have these. XD I was very pleased. I'm glad you like it. It's a term used a lot in Subsapien lol. Thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been pleased too, if I were you. ^_^
    Silly me, I just now realized that you tagged me! Since I just recently did a 777, would you mind if I saved this tag away for a bit later? I'd still love to do it, but perhaps I'll wait until I'm writing a different WIP than last time. ;) Which will be soon-ish! I'm outlining book 2 right now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice excerpts! Reading about the graftings from Subsapien reminds me a bit of Laini Taylor's chimaera from Daughter of Smoke and Bone, which I finished this past weekend. I'm still intrigued by the premises of both of your stories, and I look forward to learning more about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I haven't read that before. That sounds cool though. Chimera was actually a possible alternate name for the graftings lol. I'm glad you like them. ^ ^ Which one do you think is your favorite of the two? Thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished reading Daughter... last weekend, so I should have a review up at my blog in a week or two (once I get around to writing it), in case you're interested. ;)


    If I had to pick one of the two excerpts... Probably the one from Subsapien, just because the premise behind the story sounds frighteningly awesome anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh cool! :D I may check that out.

    Nice! Yeah, Subsapien is more creepy. Red Hood is creepy, but on a different scale lol.

    ReplyDelete