Friday, June 26, 2015

Beautiful People Parental Edition: Dina




It's time for this month's Beautiful People! Yay! This is a link-up hosted by Paperfury and Further Up and Further In where you answer questions about your characters. I participated in Beautiful People #1#2#3 and the villain special last year. And I've done Beautiful People Author EditionBeautiful People Valentine EditionBeautiful People #7Beautiful People Sibling Edition and Beautiful People #9. This link-up has been just so helpful with character development. 

I'm doing Dina, a secondary character from my steampunk fantasy Red Hood. I know I just did an interview with her last month, but I think this Beautiful People will draw out more about her character ... and she's one of my few characters who actually know their parents ... and Mor already had a Beautiful People so she can't hog them all. If you'd like to participate in this link-up yourself, check out either Paperfury or Further Up and Further In to see how. Here we go!


1. Do they know both their biological parents? Why/why not?
Dina does. She's grown up with her mother, father, and sister all of her life. 

2. Have they inherited any physical resemblances from their parents?
Dina looks more like her father than her mother. She has his brown hair while her mother has black hair an she also has her father's nose and browner skin tone, but she has her mother's eyes.

3. What’s their parental figure(s) dress style? Add pictures if you like!
Well, her mother is a Red Hood, a werewolf huntress, and Dina is also so she wears the traditional Red Hood garb which includes leggings, knee-high boots, a leather bodice, leather bracers, and a red cloak. Dina wears a combat skirt with hers. 

4. Do they share any personality traits with their parental figures? And which do they take after most?
She takes after her father more since she has more of his gentleness as opposed to her mother's stern and strict nature. She prefers peaceful activities over fighting and would much rather just keep to herself and sew as opposed to going out and killing werewolves.

5. Do they get on with their parental figure(s) or do they clash?
Dina gets along with her father wonderfully, but her mother not so much, since Dina wants to be a tailor and her mother wants her to be a Red Hood. 


6. If they had to describe their parental figure(s) in one word, what would it be?
Decent. Dina believes she doesn't come from an exceedingly tough family. People like Claes have it worse. It's just tough for her right now.

7. How has their parental figure(s) helped them most in their life?
Dina's mother has taught her many Red Hood skills including how to use a crossbow. Her father has taught her how to sew which ignited her dream to be a tailor.

8. What was their biggest fight with their parental figure(s)?
Definitely one with her mom when Dina told her she'd rather be a tailor than a Red Hood. That resulted in them not speaking for weeks and Dina crying to her best friend Mor about what happened.

9. Tracing back the family tree, what nationalities are in their ancestry?
Since Dina comes from a fantasy world, she lives in Silfurlund which is a Scandinavian mix with browner skin tones like Spain or Portugal, but with varying hair colors and sometimes paler skin. It's an interesting combination. XD

10. What’s their favorite memory with their parental figure(s)?
When Dina's father taught her how to sew her first dress. She remembers that so fondly. It's one of the things that drives her love for sewing. 

And that's a bit about Dina! If you'd like to know a bit more about her, check out her character interview and bio! If you'd like to know more about her book, check out the My Books tab! Thanks for reading!

Did you participate in the Beautiful People? Are you planning to? If so let me see your posts in the comments!

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


14 comments:

  1. Neat. We have a neighbor from Portugal.

    I did it this month. https://jessilroberts.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/beautiful-people-parent-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetheart Dina! Usually the daughters have difficulties with their fathers, so seeing the opposite here is a neat change. What does her father do for work? And what prompted him to teach her to sew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like it. ^ ^ Her father is a tailor and the second question ... I'll have to think on that. Thank you for it. ^ ^ And thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Dina from the character interview! I'm glad she has her parents around - so many fantasy characters don't, it seems. xD
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award here: http://writerandproud.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha so true! Do yours have any around? Oh thank you so much for the award and thanks for commenting! ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, all my main characters in my urban fantasy have both parents. But in my low fantasy ALL the main characters are orphans. xD Oh well. No problem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lucky haha. I want to include more parents but my current stories just don't really have them right now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, that's the case with my low fantasy. War, plagues, slums, and shipwrecks don't leave a lot of people alive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awdur @thepenofawdur.blogspotJuly 1, 2015 at 8:47 PM

    Popped over here after I saw your comment on my blog. Very interesting post! Sounds like Dina's family relationships are well-developed. I like how she would rather sit home and sew. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oo, the Red Hoods hunt werewolves!? That is so cool! What's even more interesting is her conflict with not wanting to be a Red Hood. I like her and her story. It sounds fascinating. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you. :) Haha I'm glad you like her. Thanks for stopping by! ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you like the concept. ^ ^ Thank you so much for commenting!

    ReplyDelete