Friday, December 18, 2015

The Christmas-y Tag!






I wasn't planning on doing two posts today, but Deborah O'Carroll tagged me in this one and I really wanted to do a Christmas-y post. Thank you, Deborah!


The Rules:

Post the picture on your blog. (No idea what the original was so I'm just doing my own)
Answer the questions. (I'm answering half due to time constraints as in I wrote this the night before)
Tag up to 12 bloggers.
Make up 10 questions for the other bloggers. (I'm just using the old ones also due to time constraints.)

The Questions:

1.) What is your favorite Christmas treat?

Wassail, the kind my aunt makes. It's made of four different juices and spiced and it's oh so good.

2.) How do you normally celebrate Christmas?

It's varied so much over the years, but I'll give a run down of how it's been the past couple years. I get up in the morning and I put the egg bake I prepared the night before in the oven for Christmas breakfast. Then my family and I eat that and tea for breakfast then we open presents. Then we drive to my aunt's house and open more presents. After that we have Christmas presents and hang out with family then my family and I see a movie.
I saw Into the Woods last year and loved it.

3.) Do you enjoy getting presents for your friends and family? Do you buy your gifts or go the homemade route?

I love it.  ^ ^ I hand make some of my gifts and buy others. It depends on the person. I usually make the hand made gifts out of polymer clay. I'd post pics but I don't want to spoil the gifts I'm giving this year. ;)

4.) Is it cold where you live? Have you ever had a white Christmas?

I live in the Atlanta area of Georgia so it doesn't get extremely cold. I have had a white Christmas once in my hometown in 2011 and once in North Carolina when I was four.

5.) What’s on your Christmas list this year?

Mostly books. XD I'm trying to read some semi-recent bestsellers, so I can be more in the know in the literary world.

I reallly want to read this book.

6.) What’s your favorite Christmas song?

I like so many different ones, but to pick a favorite I really like SHeDAISY's version of the Deck the Halls. It takes me back.



7.) Are you an organised little elf or are you still shopping/preparing on Christmas Eve?

I've been an especially organized little elf this year and got all of my gifts ready last weekend. ^ ^

8.) How early do you start to get into the Christmas spirit?

After Thanksgiving. I can't stand when people try to skip over that holiday.

9.) What Christmas movies do you like to watch this time of year or what’s your favorite?

My favorite Christmas movie is the Santa Clause. It's my favorite version of Santa Claus.


10.) What’s the menu for Christmas Day?!

Usually it's ham and turkey and for the past couple of years I've been making egg bake for Christmas morning.

The Nominees:

1.) Liz @ Out of Coffee Out of Mind

2.) Sara @ Sara Letourneau Official Blog

3.) Jaime @ Through Two Blue Eyes

Questions to Choose From:


  • What is your favourite Christmas treat?
  • Are there any special traditions that your family has to celebrate Christmas?
  • How do you normally celebrate Christmas?
  • Do you enjoy getting presents for your friends and family? Do you buy your gifts or go the homemade route?
  • Is it cold where you live? Have you ever had a white Christmas?
  • What’s on your Christmas list this year?
  • What’s your favourite Christmas song?
  • What is your favourite Christmas memory?
  • What does your Christmas Tree look like?
  • What are you reading in December? (Anything festive?)
  • Are you an organised little elf or are you still shopping/preparing on Christmas Eve?
  • How early do you start to get into the Christmas spirit?
  • Do you make any Christmas crafts? Decorations? Send physical Christmas cards?
  • What’s the menu for Christmas Day?!
  • What makes it FEEL like Christmas for you? (Weather, specific tradition, food, smell, person, etc.?)
  • Do you have relatives coming? Excited? Nervous?
  • What famous Christmas character do you most identify with? (Scrooge, Elf, Tiny Tim, the Grinch, Santa, etc.)
  • If you were to start a new Christmas tradition, what would it be?
  • What Christmas movies do you like to watch this time of year or what’s your favorite?
  • What’s your favorite Christmasy book or book with a favorite Christmasy part?



Have you ever done this tag before? Share a link! What are some of your answers to these questions?


You may also like:


No comments:

Post a Comment