Friday, October 30, 2015

The D.A.Y. and N.I.G.H.T Reading Tag




Sara Letourneau a.k.a. my fellow fantasy and tea loving buddy had this tag open for anyone over on her blog and I haven't done a reading tag yet. It's about time! The D.A.Y. and N.I.G.H.T. Reading Tag asks bloggers questions about their reading habits and overall love of books. If you pay attention to the first letter of each question, you’ll find that it spells a word or two (or three) from the tag’s title. Thanks, Sara, for having it as an open tag. ^ ^ And don't forget to check out her blog!

Let's hop to it!

Do you read more in the morning or at night?

I usually end up reading books in the afternoon for some reason.

Are there any books that changed the way you thought about things?

Oh yes. Lots. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins totally changed my perspective on trauma. I hadn't thought about what trauma mentally does to a person until I read it. Singularity by Steven James made me think more about how and why God allowed free will when he created the world. Raising Dragons by Bryan Davis totally changed my perspective on dragons. I had always viewed them as villainous before.

YA or not?

Totally YA. I mostly read a lot of YA since that's what I write and I like to read up on what's going on in the market--plus they're good books. I read some adult books, but mostly YA.

Are there any characters you honestly believe to be real?

This is a bit of an odd question. I'm taking it in the context of characters that feel very real to me as in they've touched me. A lot of people don't like how Katniss from the Hunger Games is, but I honestly relate to her a lot. I thought she was one of the more realistic characters I've read. I could understand her desperation to protect the ones she loves and her stiffness because of her upbringing. But I love how inspirational and compassionate she is. She has a dear place in my heart.

And she's delightfully snarky sometimes.
Nobody borrows my books, or I don’t mind lending them out?

I don't mind lending them out as long as no one beats them up or keeps them too long. I had someone keep them for a long time and they didn't even read them. -_-

Do you ever smell your books?

... Yes. I like new book smell and old book smell.

Not everyone likes books. Is this a positive or a negative?

I think it's a definite negative. Reading is a very important thing for mental and emotional balance. People who read empathize with people more, they have better vocabularies, and memories. Those are just a few of the health benefits. I'm so adamant that people should read that I wrote a whole post about it.

I just love this gif.
I keep my books in the best condition… or maybe not. Which are you?

I do my best to keep my books in good condition, but accidents happen so a few have some bends and stains--though I hate it when that happens.

Gosh, I have too many books! True or false?

I'm actually finally getting the amount of books I own to a less insane level. I'll have read all the novels I own by the end of this year!

Have you ever spilled or stained your books before with something, and if so how?

Like I said before, it's happened. While eating toast once while reading a Nancy Drew book, I dropped butter on it. It never. Comes. Out.

Toned or untoned while reading? In other words, do you read and work out at the same time?

I've never even attempted it. I'm not sure how I could read while working out. Audio books maybe. Reading no.

The Nominations:

Ophelia Leong @ The House Poet

Imogen Elvis @ Gossiping Dragons

Jamie Terry @ Through Two Blue Eyes

Sunny Smith @ A Splash of Ink

Alexa S. Winters @ Summer Snowflakes


What are some of your reading habits? Have you done the D.A.Y. and N.I.G.H.T Reading Tag before? If so, post a link in the comments?

You may also like:

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment