Friday, March 25, 2016

Interview with Pro (Subsapien) 2




Me:
*sitting in a chair in my room with my laptop* Hey, everyone! It's time for this month's character interview. Today I have Pro, a side character from my science-fiction series Subsapien. If you'd like to get to know her a bit more before starting the interview you can check out her bio. Thank you to those who submitted questions! This exercise really helps me develop my characters. If you'd like to get some tips on how to writer a character interview yourself, you can check out the post. Let's get started now. *turns to Pro* Hey, Pro. Are you ready for the questions today?

Pro:
*has a Southern accent* I haven't done this in too long. I'm chomping at the bit. My fans have missed me. *smirks*

Me:
*chuckles* All right the first question is from Sara Letourneau: Why don't you like your full first name? (Sorry, I had to ask. *lol*)

Pro:
*shrugs* It just doesn't fit me. Promise makes me think of a chick in booty shorts and tube tops. I'm a muscle tank and basketball shorts kind of person.

Me:
Next question is from Imogen Elvis: How do you feel about your mechanical parts? Has there ever been a time when you haven't liked, or have resented them?

 Pro:
*fleshes metal fingers hidden under flesh* I'm kinda back and forth with them. Sometimes I like them, because, well, shooting your fist out of your arm like a grappling hook is fun, but other times I wish I could be whole again, I wish I didn't have to owe someone for parts of myself. I also don't like how I'm treated like a lesser human being because a lot of me is metal.

Me:
*nods* Here's one from Sara Letourneau: What are your favorite subjects in school? And your least favorite? 

Pro: 
*trills lips* I'm not a huge fan of school honestly. I'm more of an after school program kind of person, but if I had to choose I like P.E. and I hate science. After being a science experiment, it just gives me the willies now.

Me:
*types that into my computer* Another from Imogen Elvis: Which family member are you closest to?

Pro: 
My brother. I never saw my mom much growing up because she's always working. Phin and I usually had to make dinner and stuff and look out for each other.

Me:
*types that* The next question is from Sara Letourneau: How would you describe Bryce and Caleb in your own words?

Pro:
Those guys. *smacks* Caleb's all right. He's nice and kinda awkward sometimes, like when he spaces out. He's smart too. He always gets straight A's in everything. Bryce is weird. I mean, he has a cheetah tail and makes cat noises all the time. He's cute, but it's hard to get past the scratching his claws on the couch habit.

Me:
What do you think happened to your roommates who tried to escape?

Pro: 
I don't know. I try not to think about it. *wrings her hands*

Me:
*shifts in my chair* If you were to try to escape, how would you manage it and where would you go? 

Pro: 
I don't know how I would manage it. I lived in a high security building in the biggest lab in the country. I have no idea how I'd get out, but if I didn't I don't know where I'd even go. I couldn't go home or I could endanger my family. I just have to stay here. It helps them anyway. I just have to accept it. 

Me:
What is your biggest fear? 

Pro:
That I'll have to live this life forever and at the same time that I'll mess up this opportunity and Rota will take away my family's penchant. I always feel torn between those two.

Me:
*nods* Do you have nightmares, and if so, what are they about? 

Pro:
 Deep questions ... Well ... I sometimes have nightmares that I'm not human anymore. That I'm all robot and there's nothing left of the old me.

Me:
The last question is from Imogen Elvis: What is one small thing about your life that you'd like to change?

Pro:
 More free time would be nice. Most of it is spent doing tests.

 Me:
That's all today! Thanks again for all of the questions! If you want to know more about Pro, check out her first interview and her dual interview. You can also learn more about her books by checking out the character interview below. Thanks for reading!

Pro: 
Thanks for the questions, y'all! *smiles*

My recent drawing of Pro.
What do you think of Pro? Do you have any further questions for her? Have you done character interviews before? Post a link in the comments!

You May Also Like:

No comments:

Post a Comment