Saturday, July 28, 2018

Monthly Summary: July 2018






July was a busy but good month. I've stayed out of the heat as much as possible, so it's bearable haha. Thank goodness, the rain has been bringing down the temperatures so it hasn't gotten up to 97 like last year. 


What I did:


1.) I'm almost 10K words into Silver Hood and I'm really liking how the draft is going so far. I feel like it's gaining a lot more depth and detail! I'm also a third of the way saved for Iceland since I found out registration pricing was less than I estimated. ^ ^


2.) For the Fourth of July, I got bubble tea with patriotic pearls and saw some local fireworks. ^ ^



D





I also went down for a day and two nights to my friend Lyssa's house. It was great spending time with her and her husband and her little mister. ^ ^ We did all the summer southern things like getting cobbler and peaches at Lane Packing and the best peach ice cream ever at Dickey's Farms. We also binge-watched Attack on Titan season 2 to get ready for season 3!










3.) I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and Never to Live by Just B. Jordan!

4.) I managed to squeeze in one drawing this month. This is a drawing of Dina from Silver Hood. She goes through a great journey in this book that finally brings her to a state of peace after a life of feeling like she's trapped in a life that she hates. She finally takes ownership of her power because she finds a way to change to be hers. It is a partial nude, but I like the symbolism of rebirth in it. 



5.) I'm the staff feature for the new issue of Splickety Havok! And I wrote a piece about Firefly for Geekdom House

The Geeky Department:


1.) I've caught up with My Hero Academia and I'm really enjoying the show! My new favorite is Tokoyami. He's my beeb. The characters are so great!



2.) I bought Final Fantasy X on a summer sale because I really need to play at least one game in this franchise since it's so big. XD I want to get the references. I'm still trying to get into this one, but the graphics are very pretty.



3.) I finished Handmaid's Tale season 2 and I really enjoyed it! I love June's devotion to her daughters and the character development was amazing. 


I love the aesthetics in this show.
4.) Attack on Titan Season 3 is here!!! OMG I'M SO EXCITED! The first episode starts off with a bang. I have so many questions and I'm so excited to see more into the political system of the world!



5.) I've hit level 30 in Pokemon GO! And I've got five new Pokemon this month. The most I've gotten in a month in a while. XD My favorite out of these is Milotic. ^ ^




My avatar holding Togepi is freaking adorable.




What I'm Going to Do:

1.) I want to bump up my daily word count to 750 next month and hopefully hit 20K at least. ^ ^


2.) Next month I'm going to Edmonton, Canada for a week! I'm so excited! I need a long period of relaxation and among other activities, I'm going to be seeing a real glacier!



I'll be seeing Athabasca Glacier!

3.) I'm hoping to finish King's War by Jill Williamson next month and Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas!

4.) I want to finally get to my Patronus drawing, but we'll see. XD It's a hard one. Foreshortening. O_O

5.) I have a piece about My Hero Academia going up next month. ^ ^


Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

So Your Character is From Egypt ... Featuring Nada @ Early Bookish BirdsA Book Review of Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
Writing Lessons from Movies: Avatar

So Your Character is From Mozambique ... Featuring Dicxita @ Dii Blogs
A Book Review of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and Pacing: Why I Believe the Movies Did a Better Job
So Your Character is From Israel ... Featuring Zoey @ Magiverse
A Book Review of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
The Get to Know Me Tag {Writer's Edition}
So Your Character is From Bahrain ... Featuring Marwa @ Adoreabook
The Music Tag

Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...
August 3: My First #WIPJoy Recap! - This is my first time doing this on Twitter, so I'm excited to share about it!

August 4: Writing Lessons from Movies: The Lion King - This movie is such a classic and has so much you can glean from it for writing!



August 7: So Your Character is From Bosnia & Herzegovina ... Featuring Azra @ SimpleSerenity - Azra is coming on the blog to share about her Eastern European home!

August 10: The Language of Worlds Linkup - Liv K. Fisher is hosting this new character-centered link-up and I'm finally participating!

August 11: 10 Superhero Tropes and How My Hero Academia Blows Them Out of the Water - I'm caught up with this anime and I'm blown away by the fabulous writing. Even if you haven't seen the show if you like superheroes and especially if you're considering writing a superhero story this isn't a post to miss.



August 14: So Your Character is From Albania ... Featuring Xhorxhina @ Inner Exploration - Isn't her name gorgeous? It's the Albanian spelling of Georgina. I'm so happy to have her on the blog to talk about her country!

August 17: A Book Review of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling - I've made it to the end!

August 18: Some of My Favorite Things: A Blog Hop - Sara Letourneau created this fun blog hop and I'm excited to participate! 

August 21: So Your Character is From Latvia ... Featuring Anna @ Anna's Little Thing - Anna will be coming on the blog to talk about her Eastern European home!

August 24: A Book Review of Never to Live by Just B. Jordan - I've had this book on my TBR for the longest time and I'm finally getting to reading and reviewing it!

August 25: Why Comic Relief Characters Often Don't Make Good Main Characters - I've seen this trend and I have a lot of thoughts about it, so I'm finally addressing it in a post.



August 28: So Your Characters are Twins ... Featuring Annike & Zoe @ Twintales - Twins are commonly written in books but are we writing them right? Check out this post to find out! 


August 31: A Book Review of Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin - Loved this book! Can't wait to share my thoughts with you!




Overall, July was a pretty good month! :)




How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?


No comments:

Post a Comment