Sunday, February 21, 2016

Writerly Bundle #3: Ludic, Tears - River's Eyes, and Seven Blossoms Tea




Welcome to this week's Writerly Bundle! A post where I hope to inspire you with three of the world's greatest things: music, words, and tea.

I hope you'll stay flamin' and stay shiny with today's set!

The Word:

ludic
adjective
1. playful in an aimless way: the ludic behavior of kittens.

Example Sentence: Ashlyn acted out a story with her dolls in a ludic fashion.

I love my little Ashlyn.


The Song:

Tears - River's Eyes
From the Firefly Soundtrack
by Greg Edmonson

A few weeks back I did a post on what Firefly can teach us about writing and this inspired me to look into the soundtrack. I'm going to have to post more than one song from this one, because it's a really neat mix of Western and Asian and Sci-Fi. It's just awesome!

This is a melancholy piece that's mostly solo guitar. It's soft, longing, lonely, and a bit tranquil. It ends with a final orchestral stretch. It's a good piece for historicals, fantasy, or even contemporary.




The Tea:


 Seven Blossoms


Pic by moi


How I found it: I was grocery shopping in Walmart and I decided to check out the tea section and discovered this. It looked interesting.

The Tea: What attracted me to this tea is seven blossoms. Seven different types of flowers are in this tea! It has Linden flowers, Valerian root, Passion flower, Manita flower, Tilia flower, Spearmint Leaf, Peppermint leaf, Lemon balm leaf, and orange oil. Having had Linden tea before, I recognized the strong linden flavor, but I couldn't detect any orange flavor. The tea definitely has a very unusual sweet herb flavor with the freshness of mint, but instead of appetizing it tastes more like a strange grandmother remedy. I ended up not finishing the cup. It's definitely a very strange tea.

It tastes like it was made by this lady from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Serving Recommendations: I steeped this at 212 for three minutes and added honey then sugar when I didn't like the honey taste.

How much is it and where can you get it? I found this tea at Walmart for about $3, but you can also get it at the Tadin website.

So how good is it? The tea had potential, but didn't have the flavor I was hoping for. Only two stars for this one.


Have you seen or used this word before? Have you heard this piece before? Have you seen FireflyHave you tried this tea?




If you liked this post, come back every other Tuesday for book reviews; Friday for tags, character interviews, and link-ups; Saturdays for writing advice and life updates; and Sundays for the Writerly Bundle which includes a new soundtrack piece, vocabulary word, and tea review! To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment