Friday, July 22, 2016

Interview with Harlowe (Starbloods)!




Harlowe

Me:
Hey, everyone! It's time for this month's character interview! This month's is from an antihero character from my high fantasy series Starbloods named Harlowe. You can read a bit more about him in his bio before we start. Thank you to everyone who submitted questions! Let's get to the interview. *turns to Harlowe*

 
Harlowe:
*in the interview chair as a black bunny (that looks like the picture below)*


Me: 
*blinks, ^ ^'* Um ... Why are you a bunny?

Harlowe: 
*British accent* Because I want to be a bunny.

Me: 
*sighs* Very well. Are you ready to answer some questions?

Harlowe:
My dear, I have been ready to answer questions since you created this bloody blog, but have you asked me any? Noooooo. 

Me:
You're terrible at behaving.

Harlowe:
Yes, I am, but that is no excuse. Ask me what you will.

Me:
All right. The first one is from Anna J. Jacobson: I know this probably sounds like a bit of a random question ...

Harlowe:
I love random questions.

Me: 
 ... but for a sorcerer what sort of clothes does he wear?

Harlowe:
*turns home, sits in the chair cross-legged* As you can see in the lovely drawing of myself in the picture below, I sport a black surcoat, purple tunic, purple pantaloons, black boots, a belt with my infinity pouch, and I sport a cape at times. I look rather dashing in a cape.

Me:
*smiles, shakes my head a little* The next question is from Rawls E.: Does he like being part Star?

Harlowe:
Oh I love it. I can't imagine being anything else. I wouldn't be me without my abilities. I've had my abilities taken from me a few times. It's terrible drab to be human. I feel sorry for you all.

Me: 
It's not that bad. The next two questions are from Christine: Would you mind explaining how your ability to control burning starlight works, and how you mostly use it?

Harlowe:
Certainly. Starbloods feed off of starlight and moonlight much likes plans feed off of sunlight. Certain Starbloods can conduct this energy and channel it into a single sphere. *holds out hand, makes a glowing sphere of purple starlight* Whilst it is in my hand, it is harmless to me, but thrown at an enemy it is searing hot. Starbloods are naturally resistant to heat, so I can bear it while holding it, but when it leaves my hand, it grows hotter and can harm even another starblood. *lowers hand, lets starlight dissipate*

Me:
*smiles* Cool. * ^ ^ * Do you have a specific person/thing you enjoy shapeshifting into the best?

Harlowe: 
*transforms into a black cat, sits on the chair* I love being a cat. I am fluffy and cute and adorable and flexible. * =^ ^= *


Me: 
Nyaw. Of course you are. *pets his head*

Harlowe: 
*purrs*

Me: 
Anna has another question: Did he ever have any good friends before his parents died and he was adopted and sounds a little bit like a loner?

Harlowe:
*turns sullen, turns human again, sits in his chair* I was close with my cousins for a time. 

Me:
*nods* Sara Letourneau and Christine would like to know: Do you have a best friend? Does he have any friends? Or does Vanmoriel keep him isolated?

Harlowe:
I was too busy in my studies growing up to have friends. She made sure of that. I do have a good friend now, but I think he would prefer his identity secret.

Me:
If you think that's best. Christine asks: Do you have any hobbies that don't involve sorcery?

Harlowe:
I haven't had the time to develop any other hobby. 

Me:
The next two are from Anna J. Jacobson: How exactly was he coerced to access forbidden abilities? 

Harlowe:
*frowns* I was a young naive child who hadn't been taught that forbidden abilities were indeed forbidden, and She easily convinced me that using them was perfectly. By the time I noticed my starlight change from pure blue to corrupted purple, it was too late.

Me: 
One of those is the expansion of his shapeshifting ability which implies there are others and I was wondering what others?

Harlowe: 
I can use spells with sigils, hexes, and potions. A normal starblood cannot do that.

Me: 
Rawls E. asks: Since he's a sorcerer, are there any specific spells he is afraid to use? 

Harlowe:
There are many spells that I hope to never touch. The leeching spell is one of them. 

Me:
This one is from Erin: What kind of music do you like to listen to, and what comforts or calms you down when you are most on edge?

Harlowe: 
Unlike in your world, I do not have ready access to music with devices, but I do at times enjoy the music at taverns or I sing old songs to myself.

Me:
The next ones are from Liz Brooks, Anna, and Sara: What do you do to try to keep yourself sane? How does Harlowe manage to stay mildly sane with all those voices in his head? How is he able to stop losing himself among them? Does he do anything (medicine, therapy, etc.) to help with the sanity issues caused by all his shapeshifting?

Harlowe:
I use many things. Singing to myself helps distract. I do use a number of potions and teas to help me sleep and to calm the voices. 

Me:
Liz Brooks wants to know: What is your greatest fear?

Harlowe:
*eyes darken* That She will never die.

Me:
Mm ... The next three are all from Sara: What does he turn to when he needs to regain hope?

Harlowe:
I don't do anything. *shrugs* I remember how much I hate Her and that keeps me going.

Me:
Has he ever gone back to Melorain to see his homeland and his birth race?

Harlowe:
I have, but not in my original form. 

Me:  
Does he know who the chosen ones are? How does he plan on finding them and convincing them to kill Vanmoriel?

Harlowe:
I know where the girl is, but not the boy. When he manifests, I will know. The three of us are linked. One of the tasks of their prophecy is to kill Her. I am more than happy to assist, though doing that without Her knowledge that is where the trick is.

Me:
Last question is from Liz Brooks: If you succeed in getting Vanmoriel, is there anything you will miss about her? 

Harlowe:
*pauses for a long while, finally says* Why would I miss anything about the woman who killed my family? *looks at me* Are we finished?

Me:
Yes.

Harlowe:
Good. I should be getting back. Your readers better enjoy this interview. I was very honest just like you wanted.

Me: 
And I'm happy you were.

Harlowe:
I don't like being honest.

Me: 
But you do like speaking your mind.

Harlowe:
Mm. That's true. 

Me: 
*looks at audience* Thank you, everyone, for the wonderful questions. This really helps me get to know the character, and I hope you enjoyed getting to know him. Thanks for reading!

Harlowe: 
Farewell.

My artwork of Harlowe
What do you think of Harlowe? Do you have any further questions for him? Have you done character interviews before? Post a link in the comments!

You May Also Like:
Beautiful People 4: Mordraug 
Interview with Rouyn (Starbloods) 
Interview with Rouyn, Sybra & Meldar (Starbloods)


No comments:

Post a Comment