Friday, July 29, 2016

The Sound of My Thinking Army Tag, The Starlight Blogger Award, & the Text Tag





It's time for this month's group of tags! I'm doing three at the same time, so I can get through them all. Thank you Caroline Meek @ Of Stars and Ink-Stained Things for tagging me in the Sound of the Thinking Army Tag, Sara Letourneau @ Her Official Website and Blog for tagging me in the Starlight Blogger Award, and Erin @ Acoustic Erin for letting me steal the Text Tag. Let's get started!


 

Rules:
1.) Grab the graphic above
2.) Stick it in a post about your thoughts: thought process, deep thoughts, trains of thought, imaginary worlds...(don't forget to include a copy of these rules).  You can personify your Brain, have a conversation with it...the possibilities are endless.
3.) Then tag other friends to do the same and thank the person who tagged you!

This is a kind of an unstructured tag (and I like structure), so I'll do my best here.

My Thoughts in the Morning:

I'm a slug in the morning. My mind is slow and sleep heavy, often yearning for the dream land I've had to rip myself out of. It takes me a half an hour to an hour to fully get awake and thinking clearly.

I will never not use this gif for describing how much I despise mornings.

My Thoughts in the Afternoon: 

My thoughts in the afternoon are productive and goal-oriented. I want to get as much done as I can and I want to do it as efficiently as I can manage.

My Thoughts at Night:

Night is my creative time. Night is when my mind thinks up its best ideas. Night is when my characters talk to me the loudest.

Night owl through and through.

When I'm bored:

My thoughts tend to wander when I'm sitting and waiting whether that be on public transportation or while waiting on an appointment or a slow day at work. Sometimes I think about what I need to do that day or that week. Other times I like myself brainstorm about my stories. Or sometimes I marvel at the simple things of life like how my reflection in the bus window looks like I'm floating in the racing road of cars.

When I'm with my closest friends:

My witty side comes out. I become far more humorous and even a bit goofy. I'm a pretty serious person, so this is unusual for me.

Kermit is my spirit Muppet
When I'm watching my favorite shows or movies:

I lose myself in these worlds. I analyze what things I can learn from the characters. I draw inspiration for my own stories.

Before I go to bed:

I think about my characters in character chatting. They're my happy place before I go to bed. They make my other thoughts of worries and doubts and what tomorrow will bring fade away.


The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter is a Copyright image you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award. Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com — Design by Carolina Russo

Rules:
1.) Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
2.) Answer Caroline’s three original questions as well as the three new questions your nominator has given to you.
3.) Choose your 6 favorite bloggers and notify them of their nomination! In your nominees, think of “the light emanating from the stars,” the bloggers who truly touch your soul with their work, the ones that are the light for you – a true Starlight Blogger.
4.) Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog. Also, never alter the logo, and never change the three original questions.

1) If you describe or picture your inner soul, how will you describe it?

Blue and silver, pulsing and flickering in and out like an aurora mixed with sakura petals, feathers, and bits of ice. 


2) What are you working on right now?

Editing, editing, editing, and look more ... editing.



3) What is your creative dream project?

Not sure what exactly this means, but I suppose it would be novel writing.

Sara's Questions:

1.) What inspired you to work on your current writing or creative project?

I love the characters. I love the theme.

2.) What one person from your offline life inspires you to be the writer / creator you are today?

Gosh um ... Mr. Bryan Davis I suppose. He inspires me to keep growing in my faith.

3.) What would your current WIP’s protagonist(s) choose as his/her favorite color? Why?

Harlowe's favorite color is unusual, because it's white. He likes the purity and simplicity of the color. It's a blank canvas for other colors.


My questions:
Has a movie/book/show ever changed your life?
What is something that stirs your soul?
What song calms your soul when you're emotionally exhausted?

1.) What is your favorite letter of the alphabet?

H. Something about the soft noise almost like a breath enchants me.

2.) What are three words that you love?

Cacophonous. Archaic. Aphrodite.

3.) What are three words that you hate?

I hate the word "poop." Even typing it out bothers me. I also hate "stinky" and "fart." Vulgar words just bother me. I never even said these words as a child, because I didn't like and never will like potty humor.

How I feel when I hear these words.
4.) If you were to create a word, what would it be, and what would it describe?

There needs to be a word for that feeling you get when you listen to a song that moves you deeply in your soul.

5.) What are your three favorite punctuation marks?

Ampersands. I like how pretty and curvy they are. I also like em-dashes. They're such a fun literary tool. Colons are fun too. 

6.) What are three of your favorite fonts?

Times New Roman (simple and sweet), Papyrus is very fun, also for my last one can I say one I don't like? I really don't like Arial. 

7.) What is your favorite quote?

If I'm worth something later, I'm worth something now. For wheat is wheat even if it looks like grass in the beginning.
~Vincent Van Gogh

Excuse me while I cry.

8.) The lyrics to one of my favorite songs:

This is an excerpt from one of my favorite songs by Of Monsters and Men "Black Water."


The strange silence
Surrounding me
Grows closer
Feels colder
But I'm ready
To suffer the sea
Black water
Take over

Swallowed by a vicious vengeful sea oh ooh oh-oh
Darker days are raining over me oh ooh oh-oh
In the deepest depths I lost myself oh ooh oh-oh
I see myself through someone else

9.) What is a quote from your novel?

I came up with this one recently while editing Subsapien: Biomech and I fell in love with it:

“But where? That stuff you did, you don’t just learn at any dojo. I’d know. They teach you to run before you fight. The look I saw in your eyes when hit those guys … it wasn’t of someone who’s been taught to run.” ~ Pro from Subsapien: Biomech by Victoria Grace Howell

Erin's Question: What name, other than your own, do you believe best describes your personality? And would you ever change your name?

Tori is my nickname, and in Japanese it translates to "bird." I feel like I relate to birds in a lot of ways. My last name is actually Tucker, and I hate it. That's why I use Howell as my author surname.

My Question: Do you like to write in cursive or print more?


Les Nominees:

I'm only going to tag five people, because it's easier. If you've done these tags then don't worry about it. Pick and choose what you want to do. ^ ^







Thanks again, everyone who tagged me, and I hope you nominees enjoy the tags!



No comments:

Post a Comment